Urban Decay's Book of Shadows Vol. 4

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I say ditch the mascara too. I've never heard anyone saying "UD makes the best mascaras! It's my HG!" I never hear anyone talking about their mascaras at all. (Well except the colored ones, but I also read reviews that said they kinda suck but have pretty colors.) So get rid of that and let women use their own mascara and add in 4 more eyeshadow shades.

UD's Skycraper is a FABULOUS mascara. Its one of my favorites. I've come to realize mascara is really a personal choice. What works on one person's lashes does not work on another.

wow that's a steep price... I can actually say that I'm a virgin to UD... But seriously what do you need speakers and a usb cable in a makeup palette?? Cut that price down to 45, lose the speakers and usb cable and we're good to go... But i do love Cobra and Hijack... my loves for blues and browns never fade lol

this palette is hilarious..I was watching Kandee Johnson show how it works...connect your iphone to the palette and listen to music?  wtfff....I was laughing the whole time while she revealed all the "technology". 

Ok, LMAO. I have to admit when I first heard about the whole speaker thing I was like.. seriously?! ...seriously?

They are just releasing palette after palette and I can't reach in my pocket for what feels like the same thing a lot of the time, even though it's quite tempting. Love their pay off and everything, but geez, UD. 

And personally, I really can't stand their mascara.

Don't go off the pics. They are not a very good representation at all. Especially when you consider texture, of which these ones, while I LOVE LOVE LOVE a lot of these colors, many of them have major issues with fallout. Especially Vanilla and Midnight 15. Midnight 15 is an awful awful color to work with. It just goes everywhere, and vanilla is the same way without even having any real glitter to it, it's just a shimmer. I personally like that they put a matte black in this palette. I didn't have one until I got a too-faced sample from sephora, and I always forget that I have it. It's a nice addition to this palette I think. As for the mascara, there are much better mascaras out there than this one. I bought the full size and the formula is alright, but the brush is awful. Such stiff short bristles. Pass on this mascara. Buy Buxom mascara if you're looking for amazing lashes.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't ditch the mascara, give it to me !

Seriously guys, this mascara gives me long lashes (the kind you have to wait until it's dry before blinking, or you get spider prints). Minimal clump (which can be avoided if you comb your lashes before), good enough volume, i love it ! It's a bit hard to remove, nothing oil can't beat though.

I don't care so much for the volume 4 (they HAD to put one of their midnight eyeshadows, *eyeroll*), but the other palette, yum !

The only thing i'm worried is this : similarities with other shadows from UD.

Deeper : Half Baked

M.I.A.: twice baked or Smog

Midnight Rodeo : Midnight Cowboy, version without glitter perhaps? or Sin.

Midnight 15 : Virgin ? temptalia says it has silver glitters, but it looks like Virgin otherwise.

Ace : Gunmetal, glitter free.

Blackout : looks like a basic matte black.

Deep End : my goodness it's gorgeous (ahem, says a turquoise shadow junkie) but it made me think of Flipside. Or the Deluxe Peace shadow.

Evidence : Deluxe shadow Adore (seems discontinued).

Omen : Deluxe shadow Ransom ?

Flow is gorgeous, Tainted looks like the perfect nude pink for me, and every woman needs a bright fuschia in her life. This one looks much more wearable than my 80's Sting. Vanilla may be a tad too yellow for me, but i'd prefer to check it IRL.

I am NOT saying or implying the shadows in that palette aren't original as the brand claims, but i own 4 palettes (Book of Shadows 2, Ammo, Naked, Baked), not to mention a few single shadows from Urban Decay (X, Midnight Cowboy, Sting, Adore, Rust), so i tend to seek for dupes in my stash in order not to buy another palette, however gorgeous. There is only so much products a woman can use in her life, and i don't apply as much eye makeup as i used to lately.

I just got my BOS 4. Not gonna lie , i hated the speaker idea at first, but now i can think of so many uses for it. On the other hand, the primer, liner and mascara i will not be using so idk. I dont like the brush for their mascara in this one, i fail at liquid liners and i do not prefer their primer potions.....

but the colors in the palette are beautiful. Agreed, pix DO NOT do them justice. I opened it in the car on the way home. And in the sunlight .... I was in love. Probably going to sell off the liner, mascara and PP. I hate holding onto cosmetics that i will never use, even if its my fav brand

Originally Posted by angels41105 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my BOS 4. Not gonna lie , i hated the speaker idea at first, but now i can think of so many uses for it. On the other hand, the primer, liner and mascara i will not be using so idk. I dont like the brush for their mascara in this one, i fail at liquid liners and i do not prefer their primer potions.....

but the colors in the palette are beautiful. Agreed, pix DO NOT do them justice. I opened it in the car on the way home. And in the sunlight .... I was in love. Probably going to sell off the liner, mascara and PP. I hate holding onto cosmetics that i will never use, even if its my fav brand
Haha I'll take the stuff you don't want:) Hahahahaha:)

I want this palette sooo bad. But for the money I'll pass. Boo :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The color palette is nice! But what is the speaker and USB for? I'm not getting the connection. Am I missing something?

walked into my ulta today just to see what's on sale.. saw a huge (completely stocked) display with the BOS 4. i almost started crying. i'm completely broke (why did i go to ulta? i don't know. maybe cause i like torturing myself.) and thought this comes out around the holidays. ughhhh. then i walk on, fully stocked shelf of the LE anniversary palette -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i ran out so fast. seriously, i'm so sad right now. the one time i was hunting for the naked palette noone had it (only a few months ago), and then today i come into ulta and they have everything. why is life so unfair? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> like, i'm not complaining about the price (or am i... hahaha), i know it's worth it and all. but i just don't have the bucks right now. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back