Use of pan cake

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi beauty experts, for daily iffocial routene whether Use of pan cake is effective or its harms skin?

Pancake makeup is fine but it is extremely heavy so it's not something I would wear on my face each day. We used it for stage makeup. It does cover pretty much anything though.

I thought it was an adjective to describe heavy make-up. Is 'pan cake' an actual type of makeup?
It was a creme based make-up in large pans. (I only see them now with bright colours from MUFE, MAC, Ben Nye, Kryolan for body painting) but not foundation shades. In the industry, we use the term "full coverage" to describe any type of creme based make-up (foundation). The term "cake" is usually referred to wet/dry make-ups.

Some brands still make and sell "pancake" foundations for the general public but it's not as common in the US as it is in Europe. Max Factor was the original creator of pancake foundations and of course as of 2010 it's no longer sold in the US (but you can still find some Max Factor products sold in the US). Pancake foundation is not harmful to the skin as it's simply a foundation in a cake (dry) form which requires water to apply. Depending on how it's apply the coverage can be sheer or it can be heavy.

Both very helpful and informative - Thank you!

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was a creme based make-up in large pans. (I only see them now with bright colours from MUFE, MAC, Ben Nye, Kryolan for body painting) but not foundation shades.

In the industry, we use the term "full coverage" to describe any type of creme based make-up (foundation).

The term "cake" is usually referred to wet/dry make-ups.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some brands still make and sell "pancake" foundations for the general public but it's not as common in the US as it is in Europe. Max Factor was the original creator of pancake foundations and of course as of 2010 it's no longer sold in the US (but you can still find some Max Factor products sold in the US). Pancake foundation is not harmful to the skin as it's simply a foundation in a cake (dry) form which requires water to apply. Depending on how it's apply the coverage can be sheer or it can be heavy.

Lol - we're saying the same thing in two different ways. It gives me a unique insight into a different perspective... I am usually in film-set mode when I am on here...

Latest posts

Back