Using Mineral makeup wet as concealor?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was in sephora and i say one of the mu advisors apply bare minerals to this woman's face dry then dampen the concealor brush and use it to spot conceal some areas wet.Then re-apply another layer of bare minerals dry.Does anyone use this method?Does it work for you?

I've never tried that method but I have tried applying the foundation with a damp brush and that makes the coverage a bit heavier and more like a liquid foundation

I apply my MMU wet all the time, all over my face. I started doing this in August and it covers everything without looking cakey or too heavy. There is a tutorial by Thais that is great, but you need a few more posts to be able to access it. start posting!!!!!!

I tried using mine as a concealer, but even without water just spot concealing with the powder wouldn't work as the foundation got increasingly darker as I applied it so I ended up with dark spots on my face. I thought it was pretty weird.

I don't think you should have a problem with it though it's a very used technique.

I would think applying wet would make it blotchy. I've not tried that method though, it may work

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tried using mine as a concealer, but even without water just spot concealing with the powder wouldn't work as the foundation got increasingly darker as I applied it so I ended up with dark spots on my face. I thought it was pretty weird.
I don't think you should have a problem with it though it's a very used technique.

I know what you mean but if you have the correct color match and if the foundation good, they cover well, like your own skin. Only Monave and Coastalscents (new one) are able to do that for me. I quite like CS's as it has finer texture with good coverage but color choice is limited. I use the fair(free sample) as the others have yellow tones. Overall I am not sure if I like mineral mu as my sink gets so dirty every time(gonna press all my e/s) and they can't cover large pores/scars on the nose that well when skin gets oily. Shows smile lines at times. More suitable for young flawless skin. Application is tedious if you have lots to conceal. Hmm, I have my eye on a new Shiseido compact which claims to cover pores.
smile.gif

I never tried it as a wet concealer but I can´t see why it wouldnt work! Worth trying.

Latest posts

Back