Vaseline: anti aging?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eromi, I'm guessing they just use it overnight after washing their face with the dove bar? I might try it on just my eye area
smile.gif

If anyone has been using it recently, have you noticed any difference?

I use the Dove as my face wash and would not switch for any amount of $$...I will exfoliate every few days but my skin has never been so healthy...I love Vaseline...I am sometimes lazy but I usually put Jahoba oil around my eyes and often ALL over my face and then let is absorb then apply a thin layer of vaseline...it seems to really make my face glowy the next day! It is not dry hardly ever if I keep this routine..and I have less breakouts then when I don't use it..and it makes my super oily skin less oily!! Love it!!

Aww shucks. I tried it and clogged me up pretty bad... I basically used a biore strip all over my face and I've never had anything come out.. well, it came out this time.

I'm still using it under my eyes since I'm pretty dry and gross under there. It works great as an undereye moisturizer. I'm going to still use the beauty bar too and see if it'll help me out. So sad it didn't work out.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone found using vaseline has given them the skin that they want? I've been using the dove soap and vaseline and I've noticed an improvement, but I still haven't found ANYTHING that gives me that spot free clear complexion that I'm after.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif eromi, I'm guessing they just use it overnight after washing their face with the dove bar? I might try it on just my eye area
smile.gif

If anyone has been using it recently, have you noticed any difference?

cheers pink, hope it goes well for you.

Originally Posted by katrosier /img/forum/go_quote.gif OK day 2 : my skin looks great!!! its all soft and glowey! Still no break outs. Flakey dry patch has disappeared and make up goes on smoother on eyelids
oh I forgot to mention , seeing as we dont have vaseline here in france I use pure petroleum jelly. It comes in a tube (labeled vaseline lol) and its more like Gel than the vaseline texture so its easy to spread on and doesnt feel as sticky.. I dont know if that makes any difference with the "anti aging" properties but it sure does make using it easier.

BTW if anyone wants to know why a 23 year old has suddenly become obsessed with slowing down time ...its because I found a white hair smack in the middle of my bangs!!!!!!!

Please tell me I'm not the only one going prematurely gray!
bowl2.gif

i am 27 and i have couple of white hair at the sides , i dont know i had a friend in collage we were 21 by then and she had one wondeful hair silky ,black and long with one white hair at the back .it definetly takes your attention .

i dont know if its gene but my parents didnot have white hair early , but i know exactly how you feel?

so you are not the only one.

Originally Posted by przmaticprinces /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am in my 40's with acne prone skin and have used vasoline on my eye area and any really dry patches since I was a teen. Though my skin is not perfect I still don't have wrinkles around my eyes and I to swear by it. I have recieved other eye creams in various make-up and skin care kits and all them seemed to irritate my skin, but never my vasoline. : ) Do use vaseline normally as eye cream alone without anything else ?

because here in egypt eyecream brand is really too expensive. if this worked, it would be a save

is there types of vaseline with different company or something?

Update!

I've been using it for a while, I do think my under eye area looks plumper, more hydrated... and I think it has even reduced the tiny lines I have a little bit! I feel like it is doing something whereas the expensive eyecreams I've used don't always feel like they're effective.

This is a great cheap solution. At the moment I only use it around my eyes although maybe once every few weeks I use it all over my face for extra hydration.

Now to try the dove beauty bar!!

I'm glad to hear that PJ is working for you Rosie. Just within the last few weeks of using it, my under eye area is softer and smoother
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I love this stuff!

I've started using the dove beauty bar... (original) just out of interest, how long did you guys wait to get/see results?

This entire thread has nearly given me a nervous breakdown! lol I just don't know where to begin with explaining how bad it is to use vaseline as a skin care fix.. it's just bad, bad, bad!!!! There are much better options out there... much.

Lol Bec, since i discovered shea butter my tube of vaseline is miserably collecting dust. I was thinking of recycling it for my leather shoes
laughing.gif

mags, what brand have you got? how is it working? the vaseline is the only thing I've found that really sinks in and provides the eye area with moisture. Not even expensive eye creams have had that effect

The brand is Mercurochrome, they make mostly bandaids of all sorts, and their tube was pretty inexpensive. But i don't like mine because it's half liquid half jelly, yuck yuck.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif The brand is Mercurochrome, they make mostly bandaids of all sorts, and their tube was pretty inexpensive. But i don't like mine because it's half liquid half jelly, yuck yuck. mag§ If u want the Vaseline brand of petroleum jelly, U can get it at the little indian are at Gard Du Nord. They have tons of it
smile.gif

i think im going to try this as well. but im scared, first because i've already got a gigantic zit on my chin and second because my skin ends up super duper oily after i use a moisturizing cream :-/

I would love to try the Vaseline.

I know alot of people use it to moisturize their bodies.

I break out on my face easily, usually on my nose and forehead so like everyone else

i'm just concerned about waking up to big red zits on my face.

I remember my sister used to apply vaseline every night after cleansing her skin. I might try this...

Back