Vegetarians?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nut milk is very good ! I have tried almond and hazelnut, they make a wonderful treat !

Do you guys have any ideas how to use quinoa. I'm on a diet that requires more protein intake, i've made an effort into accepting white meat for lunch at my workplace, but the rest of the time i wanted to use quinoa for its high protein content. Although i have a book full of recipes just on quinoa, most of them aren't useful in such a diet, so any ideas you could share i would appreciate !
I have created several things using Quinoa. I have made my own veggie burgers with it before using olive oil, mushrooms, and eggplant before, as well. To hold it together, I used one egg. It turned out ok, despite needing a little bit of salt.

Thanks !

I ended up making a salad with red and green bell peppers, zucchinis cut in slices, and cooked with red onions and cumin. I added some edamame beans in my quinoa. They're nice this way, but i think next time i'll try toasting them first. I was planning to add cashew nuts for more crunchiness but my box was empty :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My work has added germinated grains (actually germinated adzuki beans) in the ingredients of their salad bar. So cool ! They taste nice, but a bit strong.

My interpretation of a classic double veggie burger using Lightlife's Veggie Burgers, Tofurky's Smoked Tempeh, Cheddar Cheese, Green Onions, Tomatoes, Veganaise, Mustard, and Ketchup. I also toasted the whole wheat sesame buns before. Lightlife and Tofurky are both free of genetically modified organisms (GMO) and taste incredible. Delicious and meat-free. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My interpretation of a classic double veggie burger using Lightlife's Veggie Burgers, Tofurky's Smoked Tempeh, Cheddar Cheese, Green Onions, Tomatoes, Veganaise, Mustard, and Ketchup. I also toasted the whole wheat sesame buns before. Lightlife and Tofurky are both free of genetically modified organisms (GMO) and taste incredible. Delicious and meat-free. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That looks amazing!!!! I'm 34 and stopped eating meat when I was 15. My husband eats meat and we have 3 little girls 1 of whom is also a vegetarian by her own choice. It gets tough cooking two different dinners at night for them and us and I've been in a bit of a food rut and this is totally inspiring me!

I have been a vegetarian for almost 3 years and I have been stuck in a rut for awhile. I love Quorn products, but I get tired of the same thing over and over and salads...ugh. I am also on a diet and if I see another salad I am going to freak. That burger looks incredible though! I think I am going to have to go grocery shopping tomorrow. But maybe make it more diet friendly haha

Honestly, I have been struggling with keeping it up. I catch myself thinking it would be sooo much easier to eat meat, but I love animals too much and I would feel like a failure for giving up.

Back