Very disappointed lately

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cancelled quite awhile back and almost resubbed with the coolway spray but the other samples were lackluster. I wanted to try the brazen eyeshadow though since it's a great company so I took a box with the spray, headbands, brown with gold brazen, eye make up remover pads, marjula oil, and the befine warming mask foil packet.

*edited to change besame to brazen. I always mix those two up*

Have they just really lost their luster, or is it just me? I used to see a ton of BA threads. Now it's a comparative ghost town!

I think the vast majority of MUT members who had Beauty Army in the past, including myself, just are no longer subscribed.

I don't know if it's because I just subscribed, but so far I have been pleased with everything. I feel like their sample sizes are above and beyond other subs I have. I have not had one sample from them that hasn't been at LEAST a week's worth of use, if not much more. So I have been happy! My attitude at first after reading some things here was "oh no... what have I done", and then the last two boxes I received, I have been pleasantly surprised! Just goes to show, different strokes...

I'm giving them another month or two, just to see if the past few months' worth of lousy selections were just a passing thing (for four months, each month offered no fewer than five repeats.) I'll cancel if it continues, but hopefully they'll step up their game soon!

Talk about underwhelmed. I got my November box today. I wish I could be excited, but to be honest the thought of going out in the windstorm to buy toilet paper at Walmart is right now more inspiring...I received the Briogeo Curl Charisma hair conditioner (.5 oz, not sure how many uses I'll get since I cut my hair to shoulder length last month); Phyto5 Jojoba-Shea Butter Face Cream (organic but apparently no sunscreen, .17 oz tube will get a few uses) Englsh Laundry No. 7 perfume (kind of a sweet floral with a vanilla undercurrent) Befine Pore Refining Treatment Scrub (meh), Brazen eye shadow in Cold Shoulder (first makeup they've offered me in months--might work nicely with a wet brush, as a liner) and yet another vial of Marula oil, maybe my third this year. There were three other repeats, including that Cotz sunscreen that's just about everywhere. I don't know at this point whether to continue but skip months as necessary, or cancel outright. I'm disappointed in how the product offerings and the sense of customer interaction has really taken a dive. I may have mentioned in a previous post that at one point I had five repeats in one month, and every month since late last winter has had maybe three of the same tired products. I was one of the first subscribers when BA launched. I love the concept, dislike the execution and performance the past few months. I want to believe in Lindsay's vision, but it feels now like my apathy is matching that of the corporate buyers who cannot seem to bring in new material.

I haven't had a box from them since early 2013-- but just picked a kit a few days ago. I chose some pretty cool samples in them and decided I had to act fast and order the kit. I had no idea they charge for shipping now =/. I guess they have to save costs for them since this sub isn't nearly as exciting as it used to be. I used to really like this sub, I still have tons of their pink boxes that I still use to store some items. 

I picked my kit 3 weeks ago and they still didn't ship it, believe it or not. They are changing warehouses or something. If that's the case then they should have disabled picking samples. It's really unbelievable. By the time I get the box I won't be excited about it at all. 

They just sent me an email stating I could get my first box for only $10... woopie. :/  Uhhh, no thanks.

I just want to say again how bad Beauty Army is... I'm still trying to run out my annual sub and my selections are only foil packets no matter how many times I refresh! Who in their right mind would spend $12 on beauty foil packets that are way worse than the ones you can get for free at Sephora and Ulta? I can't believe they are still around!

I just want to say again how bad Beauty Army is... I'm still trying to run out my annual sub and my selections are only foil packets no matter how many times I refresh! Who in their right mind would spend $12 on beauty foil packets that are way worse than the ones you can get for free at Sephora and Ulta? I can't believe they are still around!
Ya! Especially since now they're starting to charge a few dollars for shipping, too.

Back