vogue's top 10 beauty essentials

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
from vogue online, here are makeup artist's top 10 beauty essentials.

Kérastase Mousse Nutri-Sculpt and Kérastase Sérum Nutri-Sculpt:

Luigi Murenu's recipe for sumptuous looking hair.

Mason Pearson Brush in Baby Blue:

Quirkier than its tortoise-shell predecessor.

Bumble and Bumble Hair Powder:

Stylist Jimmy Paul's saving grace backstage.

Ziploc Bags:

Sheer utility.

L'Oreal Glam Shine in Prima Donna:

This is one of James Kaliardos's favorite glosses. "Richard Avedon taught me about the importance of using pinky-nude lip color, as opposed to a flat-looking nude—those can look android-ish."

Bungee Hair Elastics:

Stylist Ted Gibson never leaves for a show without packing these hair-friendly bands that restrain without damage.

Mini-Massage:

"It not only helps the circulation and reduces redness," says stylist Tom Pecheux, "but it also gets any makeup to go on smoother. I promise! Seriously, every woman should take a minute in the morning and massage her face."

Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm:

A fresh-smelling, ultra-luxe balm preferred by makeup artists such as Val Garland

Jane Iredale Cream to Powder Eyeliner in Jewel Box:

Includes four of the season's must-have colors.

Lancôme Poudre Sôleil in Bronze Riche:

Gives faces a seasonably warm glow.

Reaction score
This is a really cool thread! I like that the top items are really diverse, from zip-lock bags to facial massage. It seems more credible, than say a list of *ahem* a lot of new products that companies are paying magazines to peddle. (it's true, BTW.) I LOVE Zip-lock bags! So perfect for travel because they keep my stuff from leaking all over the place.

Reaction score
thanks!
its kind of sad to know that the products are placed for top dollar. i like finding out about them though.

Reaction score
I think the Bobbie Brown Super Moisturiser looks good (i like the jar), and the cream to powder eyeliner looks a vibrant color. Kerastace is a good make as well. I use their age recharge conditioner on occasions (its quite pricey) but good for a weekly treat. As for the Loreal Glam shine, I love it!

Latest posts