Wal-mart's self-checkouts.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used them a couple times, but once I had to wait for someone to come fix something. It didn't really save time so I don't bother with them now. I didn't have a problem with getting the wrong amount of change though.

Hell, my Wally World doesn't even have them! I tell you, it would help A LOT though if they did!

I'll use the self-checkouts at Walmart and supermarket (for food) all the time. They are generally quicker, with the odd occasion of a mechanical glitch (which are also found at the "humanoid" registers *lol*). I love em.

And my 11 year old daughter insists on being the self-checker-outer when we go together. I guess it's like some sort of video game to her. BOOP! BOOP! BOOP!

smile.gif

I've never had a problem with self check outs, my only annoyance with them is what Rosie said, and they're kinda loud, I don't like that lol But I have never had a problem with them, sometimes it's easier than dealing with a person!

I'm starting to think I have some strange effect on machines now.. Lol. Wednesday while taking the toll road to pick up the daughter I stuck a $5 in the tool booth for a $0.75 fare... And the quarters started coming out. And out and out... $11 worth.. I feel like that kid on Heros that can talk to ATM's. Hahahaha

Karren, you must have come across one of those new toll booth/slot machines that some states are setting up *giggle*

me and my bf purchased condoms using this and it did not deactivate the sensor so when we got to the door, the alarm went off -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> how embarassing..

i've always used them once they were put in at my local walmart. i have never gotten the wrong change from these self checkouts. however, recently walmart has taken out the self checkout machines!

I pretty much always use self-checkouts when I have the chance. Normally my hair or makeup is kinda crazy looking and the cashiers are always rude or snooty to me. I'm a friendly little southern girl, but for some reason I always get attitude from people. Anyway... the only problem I've had is when I got cash back and money got jammed up in the slot when it tried to come out.

i use the ones at wal-mart from time to time, but 70% of the time i have some sort of problem with scanning. but i have always received the correct amount of change.

I think I'm having a machine problem... This morning the lawn mower wouldn't work.. so I had to rent one... and then table saw wouldn't turn on so I had to tear it apart.... machines are out to get me!!! lol

The Walmarts here don't have self checkouts. And if they bring them in I'm not sure if I would want to use one after hearing about the problems lol.

I use them all the time.I found $40 in one last month.I waited around for around 30 minutes watching that particular register to see if anyone came running back into the store because I was going to give it to them.No one ever did.

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think I'm having a machine problem... This morning the lawn mower wouldn't work.. so I had to rent one... and then table saw wouldn't turn on so I had to tear it apart.... machines are out to get me!!! lol HAHAHAHA, I think you should go hide out in a bomb shelter or something for a little while.

That's never happened to me and I use those all the time. I normally pay with my debit card though cause cash goes waay too fast.
tongue.gif

Self checkout is always a hassle from what I've seen! It's hard to get right.. and the machines can be a pain to use.

Back