Want Healthy, Long Nails? Here's my secret...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I am very much into doing my nails. It's an obsession of mine. My biggest problem was weak, brittle nails that once they hit a certain length would just break off. I tried a lot of things but for the most part it was time consuming i.e. 5+ layers of polish at a time or using something that took a long time to dry. I wanted something that would help from the inside so I wouldn't need to do much maintenance. While searching through Pinterest I ran across a post that someone swore by and tried it myself and now I swear by it. All you need is one vitamin, Biotin. Biotin is the main ingredient in traditional Hair Skin and Nails vitamins and is essential for all 3 being healthy. I took the lowest dose which I believe is 2500 mcg for 1 month and it made a huge difference! My nails now grow faster, are stronger and peels less. If you read up on Biotin you will see a lot of user quit using it because it made them break out. Yes, it does make you break out but the severity differs from person to person. I had very mild breakouts, not noticeable unless I pointed it out but throughout life I never really did have a problem with acne so if you do, you may react a little worse. The reason you break out is because your skin needs to push the yuck out of your pores before it gets better. I can HONESTLY say that by the 2nd week I had no more breakouts and my skin was absolutely GLOWING. I loved the complements I was getting. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Why did I stop taking them? Because I don't like pills and since stopping months ago, my nails are still strong and healthy! I'll start again if they get worse or I wanna glow again lol. As for working for my hair, I'm not sure if I noticed a difference but my hair is already long so I'm ok with that. Biotin is water soluable which means your body absorbed the amount it needs then you tinkle the rest out. I used Natures Bounty Brand Biotin, the pills are very small and easy to swallow. I hope this helps someone and if you do try it, DONT stop using it if you break out, hang in there, you will be happy you did. Good Luck Xo

Sounds interesting have to recommend SEFIANNI ARGAN its helping my nails get long and strong read my other posts it helps frizz ect too. but my guess is you'd love it as a base foundation for your make up. Aye jae if you ever come across it try it its amazing but its rare I've never seen it sold I buy mine from there website amazing if your in the uk or Europe but my sister in USA couldn't get one as its not available outside Europe
I would love to try it. Ima read up on it and then maybe befriend someone overseas who can mail it to me while I pay ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol thanks!

I tried Biotin before.. it worked okay for me. I recently started using Nailtiques and Nail Magic nail treatments and I love those as well!

I've heard that it can cause breakouts. Do those go away, like the breakouts that happen when you try a new skincare product and your skin tries to "adjust" by breaking out and being a PITA?

Back