Want to order from lumiere

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
267
Reaction score
0
Simi - There were a lot of sales over the holidays, so you'll have to wait until Kim's made another batch of healing concealer before you order it. She's run out of stock on some other things too. Give it a few more days, and with luck, it will be back. There are a few things I wanted there, too, but she doesn't have them right now.

 
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
1,788
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Gavriela /img/forum/go_quote.gif Simi - There were a lot of sales over the holidays, so you'll have to wait until Kim's made another batch of healing concealer before you order it. She's run out of stock on some other things too. Give it a few more days, and with luck, it will be back. There are a few things I wanted there, too, but she doesn't have them right now. thank you for your post!so I understand that I cant order that!

its a pity
but I will wait.. buy the way.. how is your night?

 
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
267
Reaction score
0
I did nothing exciting. I'm minding the neighbour's cat, and I am her favourite human, so we curled up on the sofa to watch old episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer


Other than that, not a lot. How was yours?

 
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
1,788
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Gavriela /img/forum/go_quote.gif I did nothing exciting. I'm minding the neighbour's cat, and I am her favourite human, so we curled up on the sofa to watch old episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Other than that, not a lot. How was yours?

I dont celebrate this holiday.. and I was very very tired.. so I went to sleep!!
have a great 2008!!!

bay the way I send to kim an email and she said that I can order the concealers.

good!

 
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
You can probably still 'order' them. In this situation, most companies will still allow you to put the item in your basket. Generally, the company may postpone shipping until all the items you've ordered are in stock, which can mean waiting a few days. Or sometimes the company may split the order into two shipments at no additional charge--one shipment of the items that are in stock, and the second shipment with the back ordered items. I'm not sure how Lumiere handles this situation, though if the company is allowing you to add the item to your cart even though it's sold out, then you are fine.
Otherwise, companies remove the "Add to Basket" etc. message if they don't want you to backorder on it.

 
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
1,788
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by mandilly /img/forum/go_quote.gif You can probably still 'order' them. In this situation, most companies will still allow you to put the item in your basket. Generally, the company may postpone shipping until all the items you've ordered are in stock, which can mean waiting a few days. Or sometimes the company may split the order into two shipments at no additional charge--one shipment of the items that are in stock, and the second shipment with the back ordered items. I'm not sure how Lumiere handles this situation, though if the company is allowing you to add the item to your cart even though it's sold out, then you are fine.
Otherwise, companies remove the "Add to Basket" etc. message if they don't want you to backorder on it. thank you very much!I put an order.. but now I want to sample a powder and I dont know what to sample.

I likes a little bit glow.. can you recommended on somthing please?

 
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
6,417
Reaction score
1
When you say powder, are you talking about their foundation? The Luminesse formula gives a bit of glow.


 
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
1,788
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by aplsmash /img/forum/go_quote.gif When you say powder, are you talking about their foundation? The Luminesse formula gives a bit of glow.
thank you but I meant to the finish powder. I know what foundation to take but I have a problem with the powders.

I dont know what to decide!!



 
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
6,417
Reaction score
1
oh! Sorry Simi. I have samples of the Veena Veil and the Pure Silk Finishing powder and they don't really give a glow. I think you should try the Flawless Finishing Powder.

I think my favorite powder for glow is Valerie's Satin Sun. Hoozey wrote a review for some illuminizers here: https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f12...ers-49913.html

 
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
1,788
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by aplsmash /img/forum/go_quote.gif oh! Sorry Simi. I have samples of the Veena Veil and the Pure Silk Finishing powder and they don't really give a glow. I think you should try the Flawless Finishing Powder.
I think my favorite powder for glow is Valerie's Satin Sun. Hoozey wrote a review for some illuminizers here: https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f12...ers-49913.html

you dont have to be sorry.. I shuld be.. becouse I dont explain my self well.. thank you very much..

did you try the pearlafcting powder from lumiere?

 
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
267
Reaction score
0
I'm probably the only one who doesn't like the Pearlfacting Powder - it's too drying for me. But even the people who like it tend to put it UNDER their MMU, not on top of it. They say it gives them a soft focus look. It just makes me look dusty and dry, but I have really dry skin to start with.

For glows, check AOFCs and Silk Radiances

 
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
1,788
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Gavriela /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm probably the only one who doesn't like the Pearlfacting Powder - it's too drying for me. But even the people who like it tend to put it UNDER their MMU, not on top of it. They say it gives them a soft focus look. It just makes me look dusty and dry, but I have really dry skin to start with.
For glows, check AOFCs and Silk Radiances

hi gavriela!!I love your name.. (the gavriel angel)

anyway is it a finish powder?

I need only a finish powder..


 
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
267
Reaction score
0
I don't think the Pearlfacting would make a good finish powder.

Maybe try the silk or veena veil instead?

 
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
1,788
Reaction score
0
but the gals told me that the veena is matt.. and I prefer not matt finishing!

are you sure?

 
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
267
Reaction score
0
The healing concealer lives up to its name - I really like it.

For a not-matte powder - eesh - still thinking check the AOFCs. I don't think any of the finishing powders are really dewy. Silk would probably be your best bet, but it's still a bit matte.

You could ask at the Lumiere Addicts forum - if there's a non-mattte FP, somebody there will know!

 
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Messages
3,867
Reaction score
3
What did you end up ordering? Let us know how you like everything when it arrives.

 
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
267
Reaction score
0
Well, one of us ended up ordering the Sahara and Ambrosia bronzers, a full size of the Fresh Roses blush, a couple of gold e/s's and an auburn one that Kim made especially for redheads to help groom their eyebrows.

The bronzers and the gold e/s's got here so far today - I think I'm really going to like Sahara, and I know I like Fresh Roses (still waiting on that one) cos I had a sample of it before.

 
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
1,788
Reaction score
0
I order 4 flocked sponges and the healing concealer.. and some samples..

I hope I will like that..

 
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Messages
3,867
Reaction score
3
Gavriela and Simisimi, your orders sound nice. I've just placed an order for some more foundation samples (I got a few with my pre buy brushes) and the healing concealer.

 
Top