Wanting...maybe needing a change

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by LisaF1163 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey, I just wanted to bump this for you again - I think I may have found a primer I can call my HG!  I just used Aromaleigh's Silk Primer Powder (which is for their normal and combo skins) under my Alima, and it really makes a huge difference!  I've used primers here and there, like I said, but this is the first time trying the Aromaleigh Silk primer, and I'm really noticing a difference.  My makeup went on much smoother, and looks more "finished".  Not sure of your skin type (and they make one for oily skin, too, if that's you), but you might like this.  I'd still list Aromaleigh's foundations as "not as great as I'd like them to be", but the primer is excellent so far.
Thank you for the update! I've never tried Aromaleigh before but that sure sounds promising.

I took a look at their website and they also seem to have a Silken Pearl Primer, which I think might be better for my skin. Have you by any chance tried that? I have combination skin so I'm curious if it actually performs better than traditional oily skin primers, which tend to be quite drying. I really like the idea of bringing skin "into balance", as the website says.

I think I'll give it a try as soon as I finish my current primer. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by mauu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you for the update! I've never tried Aromaleigh before but that sure sounds promising.

I took a look at their website and they also seem to have a Silken Pearl Primer, which I think might be better for my skin. Have you by any chance tried that? I have combination skin so I'm curious if it actually performs better than traditional oily skin primers, which tend to be quite drying. I really like the idea of bringing skin "into balance", as the website says.

I think I'll give it a try as soon as I finish my current primer. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I haven't tried that one, because although I do like a little "pearl" effect to some of my makeup, I stay away from it on my face.  If there's any kind of pearl effect to that (which it sounds like there may be, from the description), it'll make my pores look huge, so I haven't gone after a sample.  But try a sample of both and see how you like them.  The regular Silk Primer Powder I got is for normal to combo, but the pearl powder has the pearly effect.  Id' say definitely snag a sample of both before you buy a full jar.

And I did try their oily skin primer, and I wasn't bananas about it.  But then again, I'm 49, and my skin's had some dryness issues.  If you're oily, try a sample of that too.

Originally Posted by LisaF1163 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't tried that one, because although I do like a little "pearl" effect to some of my makeup, I stay away from it on my face.  If there's any kind of pearl effect to that (which it sounds like there may be, from the description), it'll make my pores look huge, so I haven't gone after a sample.  But try a sample of both and see how you like them.  The regular Silk Primer Powder I got is for normal to combo, but the pearl powder has the pearly effect.  Id' say definitely snag a sample of both before you buy a full jar.

And I did try their oily skin primer, and I wasn't bananas about it.  But then again, I'm 49, and my skin's had some dryness issues.  If you're oily, try a sample of that too.
I definitely understand what you mean, pearl effect can be tricky. I don't mind a slight pearl effect but I'm hoping it won't be so overwhelming that it'll be really visible underneath a couple of layers of foundation. 

Trying samples is always a good idea but the thing is, I'd rather not spend $11 on int'l shipping for an order consisting of samples, so when I found a 25 % off coupon on their Facebook site I ended up placing an order for a full size Silken Pearl Primer and a 10 g oily skin primer. It's a gamble but my reasoning was that if they're not amazing, I'll use them on my days off or when I'm only going to be wearing make-up for a couple of hours at most and don't need it to stay on for a whole day.

Again, thank you for the recommendations. I'm looking forward to trying the primers. I'll update this thread and let you (and anyone else who might be looking for a new primer) know how they worked out for me. Of course, if you happen to discover any other amazing primers, I'd love to know.
smile.gif

Well, if you like a pearlized effect and by your reasoning, yeah, you probably wouldn't see that under the foundation, then I think you'll be okay!  I think, honestly, that Aromaleigh has the best primers, and the best selection.  For as much as I love Alima, I just wasn't impressed by their primer powder. 

I love a new line of cosmetics I recently stumbled across called Evoke Elegance. Their stuff is all natural and organic too so it's healthier for our skin. Everything I've tried feels amazing when I put it on....so rich and creamy. Love it. Love it. Love it!!!

Originally Posted by SassyJen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love a new line of cosmetics I recently stumbled across called Evoke Elegance. Their stuff is all natural and organic too so it's healthier for our skin. Everything I've tried feels amazing when I put it on....so rich and creamy. Love it. Love it. Love it!!!
Hmmm... with all due respect - because I know we all have our favorites - they only have seven shades of mineral foundation?  That's it?  Check out some of the online brands we've been talking about, though - there are enough shade matches so that you get something exact.  And most of the other brands are organic, too.
smile.gif

Back