Waterproof Makeup Question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have recently purchased Urban Decay's 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner and Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide on Shadow Pencil.  Both of these items claim to be waterproof but I haven't had much of an opportunity to see if they are really waterproof.  I am going on vacation next week and plan to be wearing both of these products to the pool and water park.  My concerns are:

1) Has anyone worn these in a pool and what were your experiences?

2) Should I still wear an eye primer if I am going in the pool?  Just because the eye primer does not say that it is waterproof so it concerns me to put my waterproof makeup over something that may not be water proof and have the primer come off taking everything else with it.

What should I do?  Should I continue to wear an eye primer to the pool?

Any perspectives on this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure why you'd want to wear makeup while swimming. I know most pool rules require you shower before entering. I find it courteous to others to not wear makeup in pools.

I am not sure if UD waterproof liquid eyeliner can hold its promise if you gonna use it for pool make up. It was funny that I just washed my face and it didnt do its job. (maybe its just me) LOL

MakeUpForEver has extreme hold range of cosmetics that aquatic ballet dancers use. You might want to check on their website under aquatic ballet theme.

I should be more specific, I am going to the pool but will not be swimming.  I am going to Vegas where the pool is waist deep and people wade around in it drinking margaritas.  It's a social environment and certainly not an exercise place.  In general I don't see people swimming in these pools and I go several times each year.  I do however, want my makeup to be waterproof in the event of getting splashed or touching my face.

I think you should use primer. I have tried Urban Decay's 24/7 waterproof liquid liner to go swimming to test it out. I was swimming in the pool for about an hour, I did not rub my eyes though, I dabbed it with my fingers everytime water got into my eyes and after swimming, the eyeliner stayed the way it was when I jumped in. Only my eyeshadow wore off.

Yeah. Try primer then use cream gel eyeshadow like Maybelline's color tattoo E/S.

Thanks everyone, I'm gunna try what I have and wear a primer as usual and just hope for the best!

I'm going to second some opinions here.  UD's 24/7 eyeshadow and liner are both going to be waterproof.  apparently cannonball is quite waterproof as well (mascara), though i haven't tried it.  i have found that almost any liquid liner comes off with any sort of friction if wet, no matter who it's from.  for more serious waterproofness, i rely on mufe.  i use eye seal for shadows, aqua liner, and smoky lash in waterproof.  with a primer.

make sure you take a waterproof makeup remover.

Latest posts

Back