Ways to Recycle Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I know a lot of you are probably like me and have a lot of crushed up or old eyeshadow that you don't really plan to use again. I was cleaning through my cosmetics and before I threw the stuff away decided to see if there was any way to salvage some of it.

I found that you can take old/crushed eyeshadow, mix it with clear nail polish, and voila!: you'll have a really pretty matte nail polish!

Matte nail polish is usually more expensive than the regular kind so I thought this was so cool.

Just figured i'd share that with you guys and see if anyone had other ways to 'recycle' old, crushed, or unused makeup! :)

Every once in a while I'll go through my makeup collection and take out the products that I really never use, or even want to use anymore. Then I let my mom, best friend, and my boyfriend's sister go through 'em and see if they're interested. It makes me feel less guilty than just tossing it in the trash.

While I did choose none the fact is I DO throw away anything that's spoiled (mascara, liquid liner, liquid foundation) otherwise I keep the item indefinitely.

I give my Mom first dibs on the stuff I don't want and then take anything left to a few of my coworkers. That way I'm happy to unload my unwanteds and the free beauty products brighten their day.

If I have any lipstick that is almost out I depot it and use it as a cream blush and lip colour so I can match my cheeks and lips :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Any eyeshadows that are broken I just wet down with Visine and press with a coin back into their pan.

Meh I throw away anything that has gone bad (nothing so far, lolz) or too old (nothing I have is older than 2 years) so I am a packrat right now! However, I enjoy helping my mom throw away seven-year old lipsticks >:3

I've actually been fixing broken eyeshadows with rubbing alcohol for several years now, as long as you wait till it's dry (like you mentioned) it's no problem at all, and it really works!

Latest posts

Back