We have the Ultimate List-- but what are YOUR companies that you order from? (Help!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
girls please tell us what do you like!!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Stellaria /img/forum/go_quote.gif Joyce, that's a really good idea! Thanks! I thought it was quite geeky msyelf but whatever works right?
biggrin.gif

I was inspired by someone on here saying how they keep a binder with all the sample packets in it in business card sheets. Since I tossed out most of everything I thought just would not work, a spreadsheet was my next best thing.

Luckily I've only tried a few companies but even that was over 130 lines! Whoops! Ha!

Originally Posted by Shadomere /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm glad I'm not the only one. HA! After reading this thread last weekend I actually made an excel spreadsheet of all the samples and companies I've ordered and my comments about it. My boyfriend thought I lost my mind cuz I had everything poured out on the floor and organized by company. But I figure this way, I won't reorder things I've already tried.
crazy.gif
My wishlist is in a spreadsheet.
unsure.gif

I'm going to set up a format to post these companies that people have tried -- products and customer service, then see if I can get it stickied. So, any companies that you have ordered from, pleaseeeeee post here so I can get a comprehensive review.
smile.gif

My foundation is from Silk Naturals... love their blushes, lip glosses and perfecting powders! their e/s are good for days when I wanna be subtle. CS is good and shipping is super fast in my opinion.

Most of my e/s is from TheSheSpace.. simply because the samples are really affordable and with the right primer/base, they last forever... I've got over 100 of her e/s shades in little baggies and haven't succeeded in using any up yet. Is that bad or good?

for my base/primer a combination of Monistat and NYX Jumbo Eye pencils make my TSS piggies last for more than 15 hours still looking as fresh as when I had applied them. So I'm happy.
smile.gif

Didn't like my Lumiere e/s... they slid up my eyes whether I used primers or not.. although the colors are pretty

Originally Posted by Shadomere /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm glad I'm not the only one. HA! After reading this thread last weekend I actually made an excel spreadsheet of all the samples and companies I've ordered and my comments about it. My boyfriend thought I lost my mind cuz I had everything poured out on the floor and organized by company. But I figure this way, I won't reorder things I've already tried.
crazy.gif
Nerds unite! I'm currently working on an Excel sheet of companies based on their eyeshadow selections and prices.

Hi,,,

mine wld be :

fyrinnae

dreamworld

joppa

I am still sampling from other MM companies, the above ones included in the sampling but will say they are nice.

My worst are sheer miracle, lauress (got good raves but doesnt seem to work for me) pure luxe,

Hope this helps.

Fyrinnae - love their wide range of unique colors

The She Space - great color selection, great CS

Pure Luxe - love their e/s

Lumiere - again love their e/s, also like lumi lips

Meow - I like some of their liner shades

Cory Cosmetics - cheapest samples, many e/s have iridescence, like their blushes

Archetype - will take months to get your order but the colors are amazing

Originally Posted by bevinn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Fyrinnae - love their wide range of unique colorsThe She Space - great color selection, great CS

Pure Luxe - love their e/s

Lumiere - again love their e/s, also like lumi lips

Meow - I like some of their liner shades

Cory Cosmetics - cheapest samples, many e/s have iridescence, like their blushes

Archetype - will take months to get your order but the colors are amazing

REALLY glad to hear that about Archetype -- I saw the 3 week backlog posting but I was nervous since it's my first time with them. I love the colors and as soon as I test the 4 I ordered for accuracy, I have about 20 colors I'm ordering from them. (Or more.)

Originally Posted by PaperFlowers /img/forum/go_quote.gif REALLY glad to hear that about Archetype -- I saw the 3 week backlog posting but I was nervous since it's my first time with them. I love the colors and as soon as I test the 4 I ordered for accuracy, I have about 20 colors I'm ordering from them. (Or more.) Someone was kind enough to sell me around 40 samples and I love so many of them. Northern Lights is a great highlight for green or blue looks, exquisite corpse is an awesome light purple...in general they are the most glittery (in a good way). But that does mean they work best with a base.

Originally Posted by bevinn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Someone was kind enough to sell me around 40 samples and I love so many of them. Northern Lights is a great highlight for green or blue looks, exquisite corpse is an awesome light purple...in general they are the most glittery (in a good way). But that does mean they work best with a base. Both of those are on my to-buy list. YAY!

I have mature, dry skin, so my foundation recs aren't for everyone, but here goes:

Meow Pampurred Puss is my daily foundation, though I do wish it had slightly better staying power. Bought a F/S blush, but not crazy about it. Cute packaging, nice samples.

Alima is my HG for blush--liked both samples of Dahlia and Plush so much I bought both in F/S (they have enough shimmer and pigment to brighten dull skin but they blend easily and don't stain). E/S are good for office wear. Foundation too powdery for me. Nice samples, beautiful packaging.

Shespace is the HG for E/S, and Heather is a doll--she managed to send my daughter and me the colors we needed in time for my son's Bar Mitzvah.

Joppa has good C/S; haven't found a match in Simple Radiance. Like their concealers a lot, and some of their eyeshadows, and their cucumber face cream smells divine.

Dreamworld's foundation was too dry for me, but Ellie is very nice, and she included a lovely lippie.

Monave's foundations were too heavy and chalky for me, but Deb was wonderful and corresponded with me personally about my dry skin, even sending me some great skin care samples.

MAD Minerals provided me with one of my favorite everyday E/S. Their loose SPF didn't work well for me, though; and I'm not sure about their anti-aging treatment (though I keep forgetting about it).

Signature foundation I liked but couldn't find a match.

EDM made me itch, but I love their flat-top brush. I liked their Girls' Day blush very much, until I finally got the right color foundation and realized it was too orange for me.

Ocean Mist foundation made me itch, but possibly because it didn't blend well and I had to buff so hard.

Milan's blushes were too pigmented for me, which isn't really a surprise since they are formulated for women of color.

Mad Minerals - full size foundation (matte), some e/s samples, blush (big apple, v good), bronzer, concealer (contains clay, good in the summer)

SimplyNaturals - some 13 e/s, because they are soooo cheap, 2 USD for small 5gr jar,

Archetype samples just arrived (4 foundi samples, 40 e/s samples), took them 2,5 months to get here - will probably order northern lights and burlesque revival, also like the other shiny dark greys like the smoking mirror etc. Also like their foundation because it glows. Will order the full sized foundy after run out of MAD's.

I also keep an excel sheet
biggrin.gif
, comparing prices and shipping times etc. Helps me keep my eye on my purchases.

Somehow I did not like EDM foundies, too powdery. Am thinking of ordering the long-handled kabuki, already have the flat-top. I think flat-top is ideal for buffing but not so good for application.

EDM: Wore off my oily skin too quick

Joppa: Great coverage, but I think the color was too light for me

Dreamworld: Need to try a different color, but so far so good

ProMinerals(HSN): Not bad. Need to try light vs. medium

Signature: Like the coverage, but no color match

Meow: jury is still out. Seems too powdery on me

Aubrey Nicole: Great color match, but seems powdery on me

Lure: Again, great matches, but seems blotchy over my nose?

Ocean Mist: One of the first that I bought a whole kit of. Love the tinted finishing powder, eyeshadows and blushes

Lumiere: Great coverages and choices

J.Lynne: Tons of color choices, I really like the foundation. Thinking of buying full size after I order a couple other foundation colors to try first. Very creamy looking on my skin. Got a lot of compliments at work on it!

wow you girls, i am so very impressed. thanks for all the girls that are posting reviews. it is really really helpful! keep them coming!!

unfortunatly, i don't have much to add, since i am way too unorganized to have and opinion on one brand yet... hopefully from this paycheck i will be more helpful.. :)

p.s.

would love to see some more excel sheet!!!

So far I have ordered from:

Alima - I absolutely love their blushes. Their satin matte blush in Pink is my favorite, it's a great no-nonsense color which looks great with every look. I also love their brushes and some of their e/s (Chai and Nymph) are great as well. If you like natural colors this is the company for you, their CS is also one of the best !!

EDM - One of my favorite MMU companies. Their foundation is amazing and I found a great match in Cool - Fair Medium, they have a great variation in blushes (Nick Nack, Pink Ribbon and Soft Touch being my fave) and you can't beat their prices. The fact that you can order a free sample kit everytime is great as well
smile.gif

Fyrinnae - Their foundation in Pyrite and rice powder primer are HG staples for me and their e/s range is absolutely amazing. Their samples are VERY generous as well.

Lily Lolo - They have some great products in their range. Their foundation gives good coverage and I really like their Cupcake blush and Waikiki bronzer.

Lumiere - I got one of their sample kits but honestly wasn't impressed. Their foundation shades looked off (too yellow) and the blush I received in shade Poppy was lovely, but too chalky. Very fast international shipping though !!

Mad Minerals - Their foundation was okay, but I found their e/s a little too shimmery, but overal a good company with a wide variety of products.

Meow Cosmetics - The jury is still out on this one. Their foundation shade in Frisky Chausie was too light (shade is similar to EDM - Cool Fair) and their Teenie Weenie Bikini bronzer was so shimmery, I looked like a discoball. I also hate the fact that the samples come in baggies, which makes it very difficult and messy to apply. However, I did like their primer powder and Firefly blush in Shimmer (a peach, pink, nude shade).

Pure Luxe - I am absolutely in love with their Blushing Bride blush, Aprils Mix and Beach Babe bronzer and I will definitely order full sizes ones my samples are finished. They also have a great range in e/s (although too shimmery for me) and their ordering system is very simple and easy. Another fave !!
smile.gif

Back