Well, I'm doing NutriSystem...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Never in my life did i think I would go on something like NS, b/c it promotes eating foods filled with artificial ingredients. Fake sugar, fake fat, fake flavorings, yuck. Unfortunately I'm not one of those people who can eat real butter, bacon, and bagels with cream cheese every day and stay healthy. I have gained so much weight over the last 2 years--due to stress I believe. I ate to deal with mega stress! And now I am mega-sized, lol! Soooo....I am doing NS. I chose NS b/c I don't have time to cook so I like that they provide ready-made foods. I just add in my own fresh fruits, veggies, dairy, and some "good" carbs. I am pretty much over my whole "I can't eat anything artificial" bit! Actually the diet is very healthful and full of good stuff, not just the artificial stuff. I'm eating so many veggies it's insane! And whole grains, fresh fruit, low or nonfat dairy. I never ate this healthy before. I also eat small snacks every couple of hours instead of 3 meals. Not strictly what NS advises but it's the only way to keep my appetite under control. It's supposed to aid the metabolism too. I'm trying to drink my 6-8 oz glasses of water, but I'm flunking at that.

Well, it will be 2 weeks on Sunday. So far I have lost 8 lbs, at least as of yesterday. I haven't weighed myself today, I only do that at work where there's a digital scale. No work today so no weigh...I hate not knowing!
icon_frown.gif
I am really pleased with the results so far, I didn't expect it to come off this fast. i haven't really exercised yet--30 min. on the Gazelle twice so far--I am bad! I HATE exercise. Obviosuly I haven't been on the Health & Fitness boards before but I will be now. My awareness of my need for better health is growing. Maybe I'll actually start enjoying it? I'll keep y'all posted. And NO, I'm not telling you how much I weigh or how much I want to lose, b/c you all would die of shock!
icon_redface.gif
It's a lot!

Congrats on 8 lbs. Just make sure that you eat as much healthy food that you can that is allowed and let us know how it is going.

Good luck!

CONGRATULATIONS!! You'll do fine on NS and I hope you'll keep posting your results - maybe that will motivate others (ummmm, I mean, ME) to get up off the couch and do something!! I've heard good things about NS. Let us know how its going from time to time!! I'm very interested!! Way to go on losing the first 8 pounds!!

Congratulations on your weight loss! Sounds like you are still eatings healthy foods (fruits and vegetables) so the diet shouldn't be too bad for you. Keep us posted on your progress.

Go girl...you'll do fine...NS is pretty good...similar to that Jenny Craig where you buy your food from them. A friend of mine lost over 50 on Jenny. - cost her like around $75 a week..., so, like NS is the same kinda diet plan., Good idea to start now., you'll be like a stick figure before summer rolls around...
icon_razz.gif

I really appreciate all the kind words everyone! Every little bit helps... And accountability is a good thing too, to keep me on track!

I forgot to mention that this particular NS program is the "Nourish" program, which is high protien, low fat, and good carbs which are low on the glycemic index. These carbs are high in fiber which means they take longer to be used by the body--no sugar highs or lows. I can eat fruits, veggies and dairy too. So it's a very do-able plan, I don't feel deprived of any certain foods.

The food is decent; there's some really tasty stuff, some really awful stuff, and some just ok stuff. I can customize future orders so I don't get anymore of what I didn't like. The portions are really small though, you're supposed to add in your own fresh fruits and veggies etc. But I'm still pretty much on the edge of hunger all the time. But...I don't have cravings much. Slight hunger and cravings are 2 different things, I'm realizing. I can deal with slight hunger, if it means I'm losing weight!

When I go to work tomorrow, I'll weigh myself. Haven't been able to since Thursday! Oh, the suspense! Well thanks again everyone!

Jessica, congrats on loosing those lbs! It's great that you can customize your future orders and only have the stuff that you like.Please keep us updated on how it continues to go for you. I've got confidence in you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Congratualtions on the weight loss! I'm glad you found something that works for you. That feeling of hunger will probably go away soon. Eating the smaller portions will help to shrink your stomach back down so that you don't need as much to feel full.

I have to encourage you to keep exercising though, even if not for weight loss just because it's important for your health! It isn't fun at first, but you'll become addicted to it. Seriously I can't skip a workout, I give my body a rest day on Sunday's (I work out pretty intensely during the week), but even on my rest day, I usually hop on the elliptical for 30 minutes because I feel gross without it. So if you exercise daily for maybe 2 weeks, you'll get to that point where you will WANT to exercise. The bonus is that it will increase your weight loss though!

Good luck and keep up the hard work!

As of today I have lost 11 lbs! Yay me...

I totally need to exercise tho. If I ever get to the point where I look forward to working out, that will be a grand day indeed!
icon_lol.gif
lol! Exercise will really become important when I hit those plateaus, I know I'm not going to lose weight this fast as I get closer to my goal. I love the idea of being this strong energetic person and I know I must exercise to be that person. I don't wanna be some thin, flabby, weakling!

Thank you so much everyone for encouraging me!

Just saw this thread... thats GREAT Jess!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
So proud of you! I should really join something like that because doing what I'm doing obviously isn't working!
icon_rolleyes.gif
It's awesome that you are getting results so quickly! I like when i see results NOW!!! Otherwise I get discouraged & tend to quit. Congrats on your success!!! You're going to look AWESOME for the summer!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

WooHoo! That is awesome! Keep up the good work. I would love to do something like that, but I never stick to it. My mom has lost 45 pounds since she started ww. She is doing great. My problem is that I love sweets and carbs and I HATE veggies, all veggies which as you know makes it very hard to do a diet. Very stressfull. But a huge congrats to you! What is your goal weight loss?

Originally Posted by tylda1969 What is your goal weight loss? Well..............lets just say it's a lot. It'll take me a long time to get there, like 6 months at least. Probably more like a year, since the weight loss is bound to slow down once I get about halfway through.
icon_rolleyes.gif

That's great!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm the oppostie of you though... I need to eat and eat until I'm stuffed!
icon_redface.gif
And I'm a HUGE lover of carbs- breads, pastas, potatoes, etc. So I workout cause that's less of a sacrifice to me. I wish I could eat better but I don't have enough willpower to do it. Ok, truth is I would die if I couldn't have the food I wanted.
icon_rolleyes.gif
That's ok... at least I am able to force myself to work out... it evens out.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 That's great!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm the oppostie of you though... I need to eat and eat until I'm stuffed!
icon_redface.gif
And I'm a HUGE lover of carbs- breads, pastas, potatoes, etc. So I workout cause that's less of a sacrifice to me. I wish I could eat better but I don't have enough willpower to do it. Ok, truth is I would die if I couldn't have the food I wanted.
icon_rolleyes.gif
That's ok... at least I am able to force myself to work out... it evens out.
wink.gif
I love carbs too - I'd eat nothing else but carbs if I could...
icon_redface.gif
I wish I had the willpower to work out more.
icon_rolleyes.gif
It would probably help a lot! lol I have very little appetite, and eating a roll mid-morning will sustain me for the entire day. I know that's bad and that is what is probably making my metabolism almost non-existant, but I'm just never hungry. And if I am, I can take 3 bites and be full. But then there is the occasional time when I'll be starving and eat a lot, and then feel like crap afterwards.
icon_rolleyes.gif
You'd think I'd be 90 pounds the way I eat lately... and it's just the opposite! An overweight girl who hardly eats!!! LOL Go figure!!!
rolleyes.gif

Your stomach is probably small... usually the stomach will expand and contract depending on one's eating habits. For instance, if I eat increasingly bigger portions, my stomach will get bigger and I can eat a lot more. If I eat smaller and smaller portions, then my stomach will shrink and I will be full after a little bit of food. Or maybe you just have a small stomach.

And I'm sure you're not overweight! Since you eat so little, it may be because your body feels undernourished and is storing fat.

Just some thoughts!
icon_biggrin.gif
It must be a total waste taking you to the buffets!
wink.gif
LOL, one of my fav things is Sizzler's All You Can Eat Steak and Shrimp!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I love carbs too - I'd eat nothing else but carbs if I could...
icon_redface.gif
I wish I had the willpower to work out more.
icon_rolleyes.gif
It would probably help a lot! lol I have very little appetite, and eating a roll mid-morning will sustain me for the entire day. I know that's bad and that is what is probably making my metabolism almost non-existant, but I'm just never hungry. And if I am, I can take 3 bites and be full. But then there is the occasional time when I'll be starving and eat a lot, and then feel like crap afterwards.
icon_rolleyes.gif
You'd think I'd be 90 pounds the way I eat lately... and it's just the opposite! An overweight girl who hardly eats!!! LOL Go figure!!!
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back