wet n wild beauty ambassador

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought 2 WnW palettes this past summer from CVS.  I had forgotten about them until I saw this thread.  Yet again, I haven't even opened them yet, but I have heard nothing but GREAT things about them.  I think one is Paradise Cove or something and I can't remember the other one's name.  I need to dig them out and use them.  I have heard a lot of good things about how far WnW has come.  I've seen some great FOTD's using WnW. 

FYI, I have messaged WnW twice directly via their website regarding this ambassador "thing". As of today, I have heard nothing yet. 

Kind of odd. Would be nice to get some questions answered, and find out more about this opportunity.

From what I read kind of sounds like you hold an event or do a blog post before hand then send pics to them and so forth.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They used to be an okay drugstore brand but they've really pushed themselves in the last year. The palettes they reacently released, 8 pan ones, have many high-end  shadows...like this one:

The bottom right Definer is a duochrome shadow, and comparable to I think it was MAC Club.
Most of the shadows are pigmented, soft and creamy but every now and then there tend to be a hit 'n miss where it's a pretty colour but it's chalky or so on.

Wet 'n wild Polishes are actually as popular as any other drugstore brands out there. You can view swatches and dupes here:

http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2011/02/swatches-new-wet-n-wild-limited-edition.html

http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2011/01/amazing-dupes-spotted-in-wet-n-wild.html

Infact many of her readers actually vote Wet 'n Wild as their favourite drugstore brand in almost every poll she has. It always has a high result:

http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/search/label/Reader%20Polls

The writer of Nouveau Cheap, G, is a Wet 'n Wild Ambassador, she gest a lot of info and products from them and best of all, you can email her about it.

I've seen that palette before, I am pretty sure Jeanna has used that for FOTD and I'd say from her posts alone I am very impressed with WnW quality and have picked up some polishes and will be expanding my collection!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have all three 8 pan palettes, several trios and the 6 pan palette Lust. I love them and from what I've heard, almost all of the colors are good dupes for high end shadows. Grace on YouTube at cosmeticcouturier has a number of wet n wild tutorials and always points out what they are dupes of. As far as fall out, I've seen lots of tutorials that gurus do using high end shadows and they have to clean up fall out from those too. I think it's just the nature of a powder product. I will be purchasing more WNW products. I think they rock!

I have all three of the 8 pan palettes wet n wild came out with and all three of the palettes are very nice. Many of the colors that are in these 8 pan palettes are in other wet n wild palettes as well.

I love love love the Nutty eyeshadow (holy grail), but I hate hate hate the brulee eyeshadow (shalky). The Taupe eyebrow pencil are also great.

wink.gif

I just looked at my Petal Pusher palette and I swatched them and I could not believe this one dark blackish color with red sparkles is an exact dupe for a MAC color

Haha, I knowwww I've been so busy and then I come home and I'm so tired I go right to sleep, I've been neglecting the computer but I'm gonna make up for it this weekend and be writing blogs for my own site and for makeup talk and all that jazz!  hehe.. Anyways... No, did not have the fashion show yet, its supposed to be in may but they are being kind of annoying with getting back to me with the details, it's like hello, im doing your makeup and hair for free, try to be more on top of filling me in with details like WHEN IT IS, etc, lol.

Yes I think it would only be professional and simply courteous to keep everyone involved informed of the details. I hope that your being super busy means things are going well with work and school. Have you tried your pepper jelly yet? I love that stuff. It's not for everyone, it's something you either love or hate! Take care and Happy Easter.

Originally Posted by CHaNGiNGFaCESx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha, I knowwww I've been so busy and then I come home and I'm so tired I go right to sleep, I've been neglecting the computer but I'm gonna make up for it this weekend and be writing blogs for my own site and for makeup talk and all that jazz!  hehe.. Anyways... No, did not have the fashion show yet, its supposed to be in may but they are being kind of annoying with getting back to me with the details, it's like hello, im doing your makeup and hair for free, try to be more on top of filling me in with details like WHEN IT IS, etc, lol.
Wow... it's like if they don't want you to be their MUA they should have the decency to tell you one way or another instead of letting you hang.

Once again, I am sad to say that the 8 pan pallettes are not available here.  Love the Wet n Wild 6 pans and others though, but still holding out for the 8 pans!

@TMarie, when the palettes first came out I could not find them anywhere and now where I lived at Walmart always have them and in some Walgreen's I will see them. I hope you get a chance to find them soon. I wish wet n wild would sell their products on their website.

honestly, i LOVE wet and wild! they have come along way IMO. their 3 pan palettes are awesome, very pigmented too! ive managed to collect of wet n wild products within only a few months lol. they always have sales going on, and coupons on their facebook. i LOVE wet n wild for sure.

Back