Wet 'n' Wild discontinuing their 6-pans.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saw on Facebook that Wet 'n' Wild are discontinuing their 6-pans by 2012. Basically you have 6 months to stock up on these babies.

http://wnwbeauty.com/Product.php?Pid=69

Where to buy:

Walgreens

Walmart

RiteAid

WinCo

ShopKo

CV/S

You might find these at most grocery stores that have a cosmetic section.

Grrr... I still want to get Greed and Vanity and my stupid Walgreen's doesn't stock them!!!

I just bought Lust and Greed.  Guess it was a good thing!  Will need to go back and get more.  Thanks for the heads up!

Time to back up Vanity I guess. Hopefully, this means they're coming out with better, more improved stuff!

A lot of the stores in our area don't have these anymore already. I snatched them up earlier in the month.  The 8 pans are in the same spots as where the 6's used to be on a lot of displays.

Originally Posted by NotAVampireLvr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A lot of the stores in our area don't have these anymore already. I snatched them up earlier in the month.  The 8 pans are in the same spots as where the 6's used to be on a lot of displays.

I noticed that at my local RiteAid and Walgreens. ShopKo still has a section for it but the display has been empty for a while. RiteAid's display doesn't even have a home for it and Walgreens still has a section for it but half are empty. I haven't checked Walmart.

They are available online, at full price, through Drugstore.com.

http://www.drugstore.com/wet-n-wild-color-icon-palette-eyeshadow-set-greed-246/qxp347516?fromsrch=wet+n+wild

I read here that there is also an additional ALL-MATTE 8 pan palette coming out... I'll let you do the honors of creating a new thread. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I MUST HAVE THAT ONE!

http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2011/06/huge-wet-n-wild-news.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NouveauCheap+%28Nouveau+Cheap%29

I read on that same blog that some CVS's are pulling NYC and putting in Wet N Wild... I would love to see that switch.

I just saw them on Sunday in Rite Aid in the US. They had all of them in stock, and quite a bit of them. I haven't been overly wowed by the swatches I've seen online, so have no desire to buy any. Looking for their other 8 color palettes. I think they were 8 color....THOSE I can't find anywhere....if anybody has seen those ones, plesase PM me and let me know.

Drugstore.com has obscene shipping rates for Canadians, which is why I have never ordered from them. Have never paid that much for shipping from any US company.

I snatched my 8 pans the day I saw them, but they've been sold out at both my Walgreens and haven't been seen at Rite-Aid... my cvs doesn't carry wet n wild.

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just saw them on Sunday in Rite Aid in the US. They had all of them in stock, and quite a bit of them. I haven't been overly wowed by the swatches I've seen online, so have no desire to buy any. Looking for their other 8 color palettes. I think they were 8 color....THOSE I can't find anywhere....if anybody has seen those ones, plesase PM me and let me know.

Drugstore.com has obscene shipping rates for Canadians, which is why I have never ordered from them. Have never paid that much for shipping from any US company.
In the US: Check out Walmart. I know not all Walmarts carry WnW though. In Canada, I don't think it's available.

Wet n Wild is in Walmart in Canada, but quite honestly, I hate shopping there and giving them my money. They have the worst customer service ever. They don't deserve the influx of money from anybody. Rite Aid staff in the US are much more helpful, as are ALL CSRs I have met in the US. Canadian customer service sucks goat's bollocks, to be quite honest. I'll have to check London Drugs here, and Superstore I guess. Gotta hit that small shopping center not too far from Blaine in Washington next week. As long as you have under $100 worth of shopping after less than 24 hours there, they won't ding you any extra charges at the border.

nonpareilboutique.com for 8 & 6 pans; Zellers for 6-pans.

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wet n Wild is in Walmart in Canada, but quite honestly, I hate shopping there and giving them my money. They have the worst customer service ever. They don't deserve the influx of money from anybody. Rite Aid staff in the US are much more helpful, as are ALL CSRs I have met in the US. Canadian customer service sucks goat's bollocks, to be quite honest. I'll have to check London Drugs here, and Superstore I guess. Gotta hit that small shopping center not too far from Blaine in Washington next week. As long as you have under $100 worth of shopping after less than 24 hours there, they won't ding you any extra charges at the border.

Ugh I'm right there with you, I refuse to shop at Walmart and haven't for years because of all they represent and their customer service :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Luckily they have WnW other places. I miss Shopko, that was my go-to place back in Utah

Wow...I wonder why? I've heard such good things about them and I would have thought they were selling well...unless this is a ploy by Wet n' Wild to get their sales up and they decide lat minute that they will not be discontinuing them.

this urks me so much! why get rid of the good things? i mean seriously...every other line in drugstore category are stepping up their artistry game! maybe they will discontinue and come come out with 8 pans or something...i wish!

Originally Posted by KaytieBaybie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow...I wonder why? I've heard such good things about them and I would have thought they were selling well...unless this is a ploy by Wet n' Wild to get their sales up and they decide lat minute that they will not be discontinuing them.

Keep in mind that once they discontinue (technically in Jan 2012) those four palettes would have been out for about two years. The 12 trios are not being discontinued ($2.99), yet, only the four six pans ($4.99). My guess is that they're bringing out new six pans that won't be LEs or more permanent trios.

I need to make a correction - these will be stocked until JUNE 2012, that's almost a full year from now. Some retailers will still be getting shipments until these fully phase out, I'd get them wherever you can.

Reason: Due to the introduction of the 8-pan palettes, the sales for 6-pan has dramatically dropped so much that they can no longer sustain it. But they will introduce a new 8-pan palette full of matte shadows later this year. They're not sure if it'll be permanent but for now it is considered a limited edition item. HTH.

Back