What age did you start or should you start using eyecreams?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by momokins /img/forum/go_quote.gif I started when I was 16! My mom tried to tell me I was too young, but I think when it comes to prevention it's never too early. I get comments that I look so young, and because I am young anyway (but not as much as they think), I'm not too peeved. I figure when I'm older, I'll reap huge benefits. what eye cream do you use? i wanted to look into one to prevent wrinkles and fine lines, but i wasn't really sure what to use.. i have quite sensitive skin, so i don't know what products would be good?

Originally Posted by kristiex0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif what eye cream do you use? i wanted to look into one to prevent wrinkles and fine lines, but i wasn't really sure what to use.. i have quite sensitive skin, so i don't know what products would be good? Benefit eyeconI used this through my acne prone phases, my tons-of-products phases, and now through my skin-is-getting-kinda-drier phase. No wrinkles here, redness improved, generally no puffiness. I'd give it a try. One pot lasts me a long time.

I forgot to mention why I started- it was because I started to use makeup. When I started to read about it, somewhere it said that if you use eyeshadow on a regular basis, it will be much too drying (and lead to early wrinkles) if you don't use a moisturizer.

I think 16 is an ok age because there areso many types, they do prvent ageing and fine lines but they can help with dark circles and puffiness too; I don't atctually use one but I think need to start...

I am thinking of getting some eye cream for fine line and puffy eye. Any please. Thks.

Originally Posted by Laura /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi girls,
I'm 21 years of age & i don't use an eyecream. However in the past few months i've started seeing some really fine lines developing at the outer corners of my eyes. Should i start using a product straight away? If so, what will i use? I'm really clueless when it comes to aging products because as i said, i'm only 21!

All advice is really appreciated, thanks
biggrin.gif

Prevention is better than cure! You're quite right to consider using an eyecream. Here are a few suggestions.
Clinique All About Eyes

Clarins do a really good range of eyecreams

Olay and L'Oreal are decent and good VFM

Estee Lauder Night Repair Eyes

I love Molton Browns Eye Rescue

Liz Earles eyecream has optical brighteners in it, her Eyebright lotion is great too

Benefit Eyecon, as mentioned before is great

Can't think of anymore, HTH

when i was 14 i started preventing wrinkles by using a spf lotion around my eyes and i moisterized around my eyes at night too. I am very afraid of wrinkles! lol

I've just ordered some philosophy hope in a tube, hoping it will sort out my fine lines!!

The sooner the better. It never hurts to take preventitive measures. I am 32 and I have been wearing it probably since I was 20 and noone ever thinks I am my age, people always think I am like 25-26. I contribute that to really taking care of my skin since I was young. I use Prevage MD for my face and the new Prevage Eye Cream. I also use NIA 24 sunscreen always.

I never used an eye cream I would just rub my face mioisturizer all over, even under my eyes but as soon as I turned 37 I started noticing little fine lines under my eyes and now that I' about to turn 38 I use neutrogena and it works pretty good without spending a lot.

I hate sunscreen, I'm never really in the suns rays, but I started using it this year. I'm 19 and I don't think I have wrinkles, but the skin under my eyes is pretty dry. I had this old eye cream from Neutrogena that I use. It makes it look nicer, it's called Healthy Skin eye cream, it has AHA and mellibose.

I was told 16 is the ideal age to start taking 'proper' care of your skin including an eye cream or gel (which ever is your preference)

I'm 19 and have been using eye creams for the past few years for dark circles and dry skin and my HG eye cream is Caudalie Contour Eyes & Lips which isn't too heavy for my young skin, works amazingly well on my dark circles (which were incredibly bad, insomnia and illness caused ones) and is meant to be a good preventative measure for future ageing concerns.

I also use a high (factor 60) spf moisturiser under my eyes every day

I'm 22...so i guess i should start using eye cream cuz i really dont want any wrinkles!

I was using an olay moiusturizer for mature skin...i thought that if i started using it now i won't age quickly. But an aesthetician told me i should by no means be using such a harsh product on my skin. So i stopped now. But as for eye cream...are there ones geared for younger skin?

And another silly question....is eye cream for the night or both night and day use?

Most people use an eye cream both day and night but it depends on your needs and your eye cream.

Some have an added spf so would only be for day use, a gel formula might be good for day use to relieve puffy eyes and light enough for day wear, make up application, younger skin etc whilst a heavier cream used at night when it can sink in better and when cell renewal is at its greatest.

Personally I prefer eye creams you can use both day and night purely from an expense and multi-functional, time saving (lazy!) aspect!

I'm 21 and I use a few eye creams, obviously not together, LOL. Just depends what I can find closest to my bed at night.

I use clarins eye cream, and the decleor soothing eye contour gel. I use it mostly to make my eyes look more perky in the morning, and to get rid of dark circles. I agree with what a few of you said, better to prevent than to correct...

Back