What are you planting in your garden this year?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really a yearly planter of stuff. I like planting stuff that remain so I plant bulbs and perennials and shrubs and trees. I do have a large pot of tomatoes every year... usually self-seeded but I do buy a couple of tomato plants too. I have grape vines, a pear tree, an apple tree, 2 fig trees, 2 blueberry bushes and and a bunch of cherry trees that don't produce cherries
frown.gif
I also love flowers, especially those that are fragrant so I have lilies, lilacs, osmanthus, phlox, roses, a lot of rhodos that were already here before we got to the house, azaleas, hydrangeas, butterfly bushes, and a bunch of other things. I also have planted 7 hanging baskets and 2 patio boxes with stuff like pansies and geraniums. I also have ALOT of irises which were given to me by my mom!

Originally Posted by Johnnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif ^Yes, they're about 2" in diameter, with smaller ones too. I ended up transplanting it anyway but oh I fear it may not survive. The pot it was in was retaining heat and it wasn't look as good as my other 2 which are in ground soil. So I figured I'll try it and see how it goes. But I just wanted to know if so..did you transplant when the soil was dry, damp or wet, or if you removed the plant/roots or that along with all the soil contained within the pot. Hope this all makes sense. If you are transplanting anything, its best to do it with damp soil. If the plant is rootbound, it'll be better to break up the roots a bit before repotting. If it is not rootbound, then don't mess with the root system so just take the soil and everything and put in the bigger pot or the ground or where ever you want to plant it. Water the soil around the plant after you put the soil around the plant to get rid of any air pockets near the root system. If you are planting it in the ground, water the hole you've dug. That way you know that the plant will be well watered once it is planted.

It sounds like everyone's gardens are doing well.
smile.gif

It's too early to plant outside yet since there is still a risk of frost. Usually the end of May I plant just to be safe. My tomato seeds are sprouting like crazy. Lollypop lilies and canna's are growing taller. I can hardly wait to plant everything in the ground. Everything is in the garage right now except when it's nice during the day I place everything outside.

Latest posts

Back