What are your guilty pleasure TV shows?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol Really?  What'd she say?  That's awesome!  So many more people totally watch that show than will admit it! hah
She was asking what we'd like to see next season, and I said a "where are they now" and she said it was in the works. Made my day.. lol

She was asking what we'd like to see next season, and I said a "where are they now" and she said it was in the works. Made my day.. lol
I'll definitely watch that hah Hopefully they have both the successful matches, and the uh... not-so-successful matches.. lol

I'm one of those annoying "I don't even own a tv" people, so really *all* shows are a guilty pleasure for me, but the one I can't even discuss with other people because I don't know anyone who watches it:  _Glee_.  Most of the other shows I watch (usually on Hulu) are things I talk about with friends and coworkers.  _Grimm_, _Agents of SHIELD_, _The Blacklist_, _Hannibal_, _Supernatural_ -- stuff like that.  But _Glee_?  I'm on my own with that one.  I just feel like I've invested so much time in it already that I need to just see it to its end.

(Oh, and also _Teen Wolf_, although I only watch that when entire seasons hit Netflix.  Still waiting for S3 to show up!)

My new one is Orphan Black. I am just mesmerized at how Tatiana can pull off so many complex characters, especially when they interact with each other in the same scenes.
I am obsessed with this show.  I was addicted in the first 5 minutes.  Love it!!

I am a sucker for reruns of Full House, Boy Meets World, Will & Grace, I've seen every episode of Gilmore Girls more times than I can count.

Current guilty pleasures: Glee, America's Next Top Model, Project Runway.

I'm one of those annoying "I don't even own a tv" people, so really *all* shows are a guilty pleasure for me, but the one I can't even discuss with other people because I don't know anyone who watches it:  _Glee_.  Most of the other shows I watch (usually on Hulu) are things I talk about with friends and coworkers.  _Grimm_, _Agents of SHIELD_, _The Blacklist_, _Hannibal_, _Supernatural_ -- stuff like that.  But _Glee_?  I'm on my own with that one.  I just feel like I've invested so much time in it already that I need to just see it to its end.

(Oh, and also _Teen Wolf_, although I only watch that when entire seasons hit Netflix.  Still waiting for S3 to show up!)
THat is me with Glee, exactly! I thought it started out pretty good...now, not so much, but I've watched so much I need to follow through.

My absolute favorites types of shows are documentaries, especially about nature. My other fave shows are "RuPaul's Drag Race", "Chopped", the original "Iron Chef" (when I can find it) Julia Child cooking shows from PBS from Netflix. "Are You Being Served" and "Monty Python's Flying Circus"

My guilty pleasure shows are pretty much anything on the CW (Arrow, Supernatural,  The Originals...)

I started watching Keeping Up With the Kardashians this past week.  So ashamed of myself for that one...lol

Glee (even though I want to drop kick poor Rachel these days... But I love Kurt and Mercedes!), Hart of Dixie, and my FAVE... Lie To Me. It's a show about a guy who reads micro-expressions and I've learned so much about reading people's expressions and emotions on their face. I think it got cancelled after the third season, but I'm watching it on Netflix.

Not-so-guilty pleasure shows: Call The Midwife, Downton Abbey, Sherlock, Bletchley Circle, Doctor Who, if it's set in Britain at any point in history, I watch it, I love it, and I DON'T EVEN CARE.

Keeping Up with the Kardashians (I'm so ashamed...)

House Hunters

Even though I know 99.9% of the situations on those shows are staged, I still feel compelled to watch any time I see them on TV. And between those two... well, y'all now know what I am watching all day long. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh House Hunters... I was obsessed with that show for YEARS... then I found an article on how it was staged and all their little "how they did it" secrets... and I just couldn't watch it anymore. So sad.  (Also, I got mad seeing "It's our first time!" buyers approved for like, 1.3 million dollars.  Apparently, I'm in the wrong field, lol)

Ah ha ha, I know when I read that the buyers are already in escrow when the show is filmed I was like... :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It felt like a little bit of my faith in humanity died that day. :laughing:

An oldie but goodie guilty pleasure is MTV's True Life! I've caught several episodes of this over the past couple of days and I am so happy. Although it feels like some of the situations in newer episodes are a bit forced. I told my hubby I'd rather watch "I'm Getting Plastic Surgery #25" than "I'm Having a Threesome", but that might just be me...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a healthy chunk of shows that I watch, but my guilty pleasures are PLL, Teen Mom (because technically I was one - barely), RHONJ & NY, all of the Amish shows, and most recently I've been sucked in to Sister Wives.  Seriously...I feel so bad for Meri.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My current guilty pleasure: _Hemlock Grove_. I'm rewatching S1 right now to get ready for S2 dropping on the 11th! I'm already planning out my marathon binge viewing weekend down to snacks and meal breaks.

Edited because "rewatch" is totally a word, autocorrect!

Last edited by a moderator:
My current guilty pleasure: _Hemlock Grove_. I'm rewatching S1 right now to get ready for S2 dropping on the 11th! I'm already planning out my marathon binge viewing weekend down to snacks and meal breaks.

Edited because "rewatch" is totally a word, autocorrect!
I just read the Wiki page for this and it sounds like something right up my alley!  I think I'm going to have to watch this.

I just read the Wiki page for this and it sounds like something right up my alley! I think I'm going to have to watch this.
It's like the CW meets HBO meets _Twin Peaks_. Total trash. I love it. (And one of the leads is a Skarsgard. Just in case Eric Northman has been looking a little too old for you.)

Does anybody else watch Penny Dreadful on Showtime? It is the greatest. Plot holes that you can drive a truck thru. Sex scenes that are totally out of character and for no reason. Eva Green glorious side eye stare. Billie Piper's accent. Name dropping literature everywhere.

Back