what brush !?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what kind of eye shadow brush I could use for the color tattoo by eye studio Any suggestions? :)

I wouldn't use a fluffy one, I would go for a concealer or lip brush that is a bit more stiff so you don't squish it in all the wrong places haha

I use a small concealer brush for cream shadows. Definitely second the stiff bristles part. It works pretty well to deposit product or you can always use your finger pads,. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Like MissLindaJean said I use a concealer brush for cream shadows too, if you are subscribed to ipsy, I use the concealer one we got this month XD and it works great.

Like MissLindaJean said I use a concealer brush for cream shadows too, if you are subscribed to ipsy, I use the concealer one we got this month XD and it works great.
Lol, that's exactly what I've been using! I already have two concealer brushes I alternate between, so the new one was perfect for cream shadows.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol, that's exactly what I've been using! I already have two concealer brushes I alternate between, so the new one was perfect for cream shadows.
Lol, brilliant minds think alike? I actually had that brush already and now I have two(I got it the other from Ipsy), but you know, most of the time I don't really use a brush for concealer, just my fingers XD

I use a concealer brush to get it on that area, then pat around with my fingers or beauty blender.. works wonders lol. I do find that I get better pigmentation and color deposit using a brush, as opposed to my fingers..for concealer and cream shadows.

I normally use my fingers for the Maybelline cream products because they apply more smoothly that way. Some of them can apply more patchily, so I find fingers work better for products like these. For MAC Paint Pots - the creamier ones such as Constructavist - I use a stiff taklon brush that is somewhat flexible. It doesn't absorb product like natural hairs do & spreads the product out smoothly & precisely. I like using this brush for darker shades as well. For less creamy Paint Pots (and lighter shades) or any stiffer cream eyeshadow/base - such as Soft Ochre, which makes me nuts - I use a softer brush that's a bit fluffy. I swirl the brush in the cream product so it picks up enough & then apply it by blending it out over the lid in small, circular motions. If I need more applied after that, I repeat the process. That way I don't get a harsh edge towards the outside of my lids & brow bones with the stiffer-textured product.

I like to use my fingers to apply any sort of cream shadow. I just feel with a brush the product doesn't transfer as nice and evenly as it does with my finger. Or I also like using sponge applicators =)

I use my fingers too.I just wanted a more professional way in doing so. :) but I do admit it works a lot better lol

I use a concealer brush to get it on that area, then pat around with my fingers or beauty blender.. works wonders lol. I do find that I get better pigmentation and color deposit using a brush, as opposed to my fingers..for concealer and cream shadows.
This accually works very well I don't know why I didn't think if using a concealer brush lol:) thanks

Latest posts

Back