What do you think about Bobbi Brown's products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's expensive (IMO) here in the States as well. I get all of my Bobbi products from EBAY. I haven't paid full retail since 2003!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by krazysexxykool It's expensive (IMO) here in the States as well. I get all of my Bobbi products from EBAY. I haven't paid full retail since 2003!
icon_redface.gif
Ohhh lucky girl!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Come to think of it, I get about 90% of my makeup from EBAY. I scored Tarte's Smooth Operator (retails for $35) for $10.99 and that included shipping, EBAY rocks!!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by krazysexxykool Come to think of it, I get about 90% of my makeup from EBAY. I scored Tarte's Smooth Operator (retails for $35) for $10.99 and that included shipping, EBAY rocks!!
claps.gif
Im thinking of buying cosmetics off eBay as well...how do you know if the product is new? i mean how do you gurantee that it is?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by beautynista Im thinking of buying cosmetics off eBay as well...how do you know if the product is new? i mean how do you gurantee that it is?
smile.gif
Always, always, always check the feedback of the seller, never bid from someone who has "private" feedback (they're hiding bad things) and really read the description thoroughly. I don't buy used makeup, only brand new and I have never had a negative experience in over 200 transactions.

Some of BB's products that I want, it will take a while, but EBAY will soon have it and I can be patient, lol.
wink.gif

E3H9_l.jpg

E3HA_l.jpg

E3FN_l.jpg

Tonia - I totally agree with you about Bobbi's line! For someone who likes a lot of color, they will find BB stuff boring, but I like it! I think it's a great, practical line for people who need a more professional look. I also love the philosophy of enhancing what you've got... I think that's why I like BB stuff. When I wear it, I just look like me, but better!!
smile.gif
Granted MAC is still my #1 brand, but BB is a good brand too!! I definitely think it's underrated! I would definitely buy more if it wasn't so expensive.

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme Tonia - I totally agree with you about Bobbi's line! For someone who likes a lot of color, they will find BB stuff boring, but I like it! I think it's a great, practical line for people who need a more professional look. I also love the philosophy of enhancing what you've got... I think that's why I like BB stuff. When I wear it, I just look like me, but better!!
smile.gif
Granted MAC is still my #1 brand, but BB is a good brand too!! I definitely think it's underrated! I would definitely buy more if it wasn't so expensive. Erica, I think people equate professional, natural and understated with boring. I work in HR, I can't go into an interview with glitter and bright colored pigment all over my face, lol.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
For a club or night look, sure, but for a look during the day (unless you're a MA), nope .
I get compliments on my makeup all the time, but you see me coming not my makeup first. That's one of my pet peeves, makeup on someone's face that arrives beore they do, lol.

I love the SHimmerbricks and her lip liners and lipsticks have a really nice consistency and they do have a great selection of neutral colors...I happen to have a ton of BB stuff just because I've got a hook up with it....it's not one of my favorite lines overall, but I do find myself reaching for some of her lip shades alot when I work.

Originally Posted by krazysexxykool I think people equate professional, natural and understated with boring. I work in HR, I can't go into an interview with glitter and bright colored pigment all over my face, lol.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
For a club or night look, sure, but for every day.
icon_redface.gif
Exactly!
icon_lol.gif
Granted I'm still in college and can wear whatever I want everyday, but once I get out of school and start working, I'm sure I'm not gonna be able to roll up in there looking like the kids I'll be teaching, haha. So I'm sure I'll check out more of Bobbi's line when that time comes!

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme Exactly!
icon_lol.gif
Granted I'm still in college and can wear whatever I want everyday, but once I get out of school and start working, I'm sure I'm not gonna be able to roll up in there looking like the kids I'll be teaching, haha. So I'm sure I'll check out more of Bobbi's line when that time comes! Are you going to be a teacher? I'm a former middle school teacher (I escaped alive) :icon_love and it's the toughest job you'll ever love. Teachers are the hardest working people and just don't get enough credit.
I envy my college days when I could just throw on a pair of jeans. My company is business casual and we don't have to wear pantyhose, suits, etc, so I'm lucky, but no denim allowed.
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by krazysexxykool Are you going to be a teacher? I'm a former middle school teacher (I escaped alive) :icon_love and it's the toughest job you'll ever love. Teachers are the hardest working people and just don't get enough credit.
I envy my college days when I could just throw on a pair of jeans. My company is business casual and we don't have to wear pantyhose, suits, etc, so I'm lucky, but no denim allowed.
icon_cry.gif

Yep! I'm in college right now working towards a BA in English, as well as licensure to teach. I'll be licensed to teach grades 9-12. Everyone says I'm brave, but I'm not so sure!! I know high school kids can be tough, but somebody's gotta do it, right?
icon_wink.gif
It's just what I knew I wanted to do before I ever got out of high school myself!
I'm sure once I graduate and begin working that I'll miss my college days too! Right now I complain about them, but I know I'll miss only going to school a few short hours a day and naptime, haha.
icon_redface.gif

what are the shimmer bricks used for. i love all the colors, are they cheek or eye color?

Originally Posted by AshleyA what are the shimmer bricks used for. i love all the colors, are they cheek or eye color? They can be used as a bronzer, blush, or eyeshadow. When I had my makeover in 2003, the MA used the bronze as an eyeshadow, it looked really beautiful.

Originally Posted by AshleyA what are the shimmer bricks used for. i love all the colors, are they cheek or eye color? You can use them anywhere you like-on the eyes, cheeks, as a highlighter, whatever...

im into BB now since my sister gave me BB foundation, pressed powder & blusher which are too dark for her skintone. her loss is my gain
icon_cheesygrin.gif

at first i was dabbling with MAC, ever since getting my BB im definitely in love with natural looks :icon_love

glad to hear rave about BB in the forum where MAC rules
icon_lol.gif

just kidding
tongue.gif

I only have one gel liner in Black Plum,which I love and her Ultra Eyeliner brush. I wouldn't mind trying a few other things in her line.

Back