What do you want to see more/less of in BB?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES definitely hoping they start making it in other colors!! My cousin's fiancée bought the full size at Ulta while visiting over the weekend, and it really is great for the winged eye look (which I use a LOT!) so now I can't wait to get my grabby little hands on it! Thankfully I've been confirmed for the EG box via email despite issues with sample selection, the second I saw the box contents I was all over it!

YES PLEASE - Tarte and Too Faced- and LORAC, now that I can't buy it at Sephora. For existing BB brands, I love getting Beauty Protector, Miss Jessie's,  LAQA, Benefit, and theBalm products.
Do you live near a Kohl's? I think they're the exclusive retailer for Lorac now.

Oh and just to be relevant to the topic:

More:

Benefit

TheBalm

Ruffian

Shea Terra

Beauty Protector

Less:

Coola

PopBeauty

Juicy Perfume

Do you live near a Kohl's? I think they're the exclusive retailer for Lorac now.
Oh, thanks! I think LORAC is still at Ulta, I bought the unzipped palette there last month. But if I can use my Kohls cash on makeup that's much better than ulta rewards! 

I agree with the brands a lot of you are saying but just wanted to throw in there that, personally, I'd like a break from Harvey Prince. I've gotten Harvey Prince perfumes 3 of the last 4 months. And I'd like to see more of the Youngblood brand (or maybe more mineral make-up in general).

Product wise..

More:

I'd like to see more lippies; they send them out a lot but I'd like to see more... in nice neutral colors so I won't be disappointed.

Blushes; powder or cream.. I love them. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Less:

Between Ipsy and BB I've been getting too many black eyeliner pencils.

Shampoo/conditioner.. they're nice for travel but I have long hair and it usually just isn't enough.

Nail polish... there's Julep boxes for polish lovers for a reason and I've gotten way too many from sub boxes!!

Brand wise..

More:

JOUER!! I really want to try some of their stuff.. hopefully they send out more glosses.

The Balm.. I like how BB keeps up with their releases but I'd love to see more more more. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

More niche type brands.. 

Less:

Supergoop..useful, but boring products in my opinion!!

After reading the lists, I can see Birchbox has no way to make everyone happy, except to stop sending black eyeliner!

My happy list is usually something I haven't tried before or a brand I haven't been exposed to before.

I do agree enough eyeliner, of any color.  I have enough to last me for the rest of my life.

Black eyeliner is such a buzz kill in my birchbox! I looooove when they send me lipsticks, or little potions for my face, but I'm kind of tired of body lotion, only because the samples are too small to really enjoy.

Does anyone here opt to receive their home/lifestyle samples? They have such cute stuff on the site but I heard they send really chincey stuff. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I really like color club and beauty protector, so please send all the unwanted stuff my way, bb. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The only stuff I would never want to see in bb is pop beauty (I sent an email complaining when I got the lip gloss, letting them know that one of their other lip glosses from ipsy I had gotten had quality issues), and BaB anything (for same reason). Also I'm not really own over by pixie products...they're ok, but the only good thing was the tinted lip balm.

I agree they should add an option to opt out of nail polish, as well as bath products. I take only showers as I've had issues taking baths with getting utis/ear infections the last few times I've tried. Not fun.

Id love to see more benefit, tarte, it cosmetics, high end makeup brands like that. Modelco looks pretty nice too from the sample or two I've gotten. Cynthia Rowely.

All this talk makes me think I need to update my profile with bb!!

I've already mentioned my dislike of too many shampoo's and conditioner's coming my way via Birchbox so I will try to add to it by saying IF Birchbox is going to continue to send these out as frequently as they have been this year:

• they should always come with both a shampoo and a conditioner
  • they should both be in some type of bottle, even if it is a tiny one
  • if they are not in bottles then there should be at least 2 generous foils of each
Ha,ha,ha. I crack myself up.

So, no to

• black eyeliner. Send a color. Any color. But not black.
  • samples the size of the Pure ketchup packets. I am actually cool with foils but those (Pure) are too small.
  • peelie cards unless they are included as a 7th, (possibly) reviewable sample. 
I'm good with most of what Birchbox does and I'm very happy with them. I would prefer not to get X (perfume, shampoo/conditioner/body lotion, hand cream, breath mints, replace with anything you dislike) more than 4 times a year and certainly not in back to back months but I know that is unrealistic so I will just share that here and then drop it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back