What else can I get for a baby

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, my 2 best friends are having babies. One is comming the 20th and the other in March. Im getting both of them a big wicker basket full of lotion, shampoo, powder, baby oil, ect. blankets and and an outfit. Anyone else got ideas of what else to throw in??? Thanks

Wow - I think you've pretty much got it covered there. A basket full of necessities like that is always a great idea for new moms!!

malecon drops for gas or however its spelled. that stuff really comes in handy. orajel, diapers, wipes. newborns go through a lot of diapers. but you don't have to get them all of that unless you want to. you gotten plenty already.

Oh yeah id better get gas drops for the one. Her other to always has gas. And i should get the diapers and wipes too, she has one that potty training and still wears diapers to bed and one that is in diapers. Thanks

You can add some bibs with cute sayings. A baby thermomiter or nail cutter set are handy. Little cute socks or booties and maybe a little cap/hat.

You can add a little stuffed animal or rattle or even a teether.

The possibilities are endless.

wow, she's really gonna have her hands full even more. i go nut with just my 2 and now a puppy. and they're all boys. drives me nuts!

yeah she has a 2yr old boy and a 1 year old girl. Shes says they are so bad and get into everything but they are always good when im there lol. Plus there daddy wont even help so im trying to get as much as I can

I agree the possibilities are endless! Maybe a gift certificate to a photo studio for the baby's first picture or something like that?

diapers and wipes and blankets is what she will need the most but the rest mention is great too!

Lots of clothes -- you can get packages of "onesies" for a good price! I just went to a baby shower for a friend, and she got a ton of onesies -- but another mom at the shower pointed out she will need them, because her son went through 3-4 outfits a day between spitting up and leaky diapers -- that mom said she was doing laundry every other day just to have enough clean clothes for the baby! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But if you want more of a variety of items, you've got a lot of good suggestions!

The one thing I remember about my baby shower (which was pretty big) was that I got one small thing of diapers...that't it!!

I would maybe throw in diapers because they go fast before you know it!

Yeah, you pretty much have it covered. I recommend diapers and/or wipes too. I requested a thing of diapers from everyone for both baby showers, and didn't have to buy diapers for almost 3 mths. after I had Cyera!

Get something for the mom too. Some books, or a GC to a bookstore-probably an online one-no time to go out shopping for a while, or some *really* nice lotion, stuff she's gonna feel guilty about spending the $$$ for while baby is blowing through it with diapers and such.

Toys R Us gift cards are always nice. They sell everything for babies and have great diaper prices. People receive so many things that are outgrown before a baby wears them. This way they can buy things as they are needed. Many babies never get to wear many of the newborn items.

I put a gift basket together for a friend once when she had a baby and she really appreciated the baby items, but was thrilled when I threw in some stuff for her too. Some nice shower gel and lotion and a few makeup items. The mom deserves to be pampered, especially during this time and she's not gonna want to spend the extra money to buy things for herself. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My mother and I made a "diaper cake" (lol I know it sounds kinda gross) for my aunt for her shower. It is like a basket, but everything is put together in the shape of a cake. It was the hit of the shower!

Thanks everyone.

Rachel im going christmas and baby shopping at the same time. She always finds time to do her make-up so im getting her a pallette and one of those shower gift sets at walmart

Back