What eye make-up remover do you use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Witch Hazel and Rimmel Eye make-up remover.

Sometimes I just wash my face and it takes it off.

I like Lush Celestial facial moisturizer. I find it to be more effective than lots of products advertised as eye makeup removers--including other Lush products. I just massage a bit into my lashes and lids, wipe off with a cotton pad, and wash my face as usual. Once my bottle of Neutrogena Oil-Free remover is gone, I will use this method exclusively.

I agree... i've used it for couple years now ... and will keep on using it!

I don't know....I just started using that Neutrogena one that a few people have recommended in this thread and I really don't like it. It feels oily, it burns my eyes, and I really don't think it removes mascara thoroughly at all!

I am going to buy the Almay pads today and give those a try. I absolutely LOVE Neutrogena Foaming Fash Wash and used to wash my whole face with that. That product took off all eye makeup, waterproof and all, but I found that it got too drying for my face. Maybe I will just use that on my eyes, since it worked so amazingly!

Generally ill use baby wipes and Ponds cold cream for the stubborn mascara & eye liner. Works a treat.

I first use DHC's Olive oil cleanser on my face before I get into the shower, and I have found that using that and the Loreal to clean up and residual is great, the DHC cleansing oil washes off so cleanly, it takes off all my makeup, even water proof mascara!! I use Loreal's, its in a blue bottle, and it is like using water, but BJ's makes the same thing in their bottle and you get like 3 in a package.

L'Oreal make a cheap dual phase and regular remover. I find baby oil much to oily and it leaves an awful film on me. If you're prone to any puffiness it will probably make the problem much worse.

I use Dermalogica's Pre-cleanse. It is a mixture of Kukui Nut and Olive Oils. It also has Rice Bran in it which breaks down even the toughest waterproof mascara.

It is a total face makeup remover that goes on the skin dry and than when you add a bit of water it emulsfies into a rinseable, deep cleansing agent for all skin types even those that are oily.

If you are interested, I would contact Dermalogica using their website and than find a dealer near you for samples. I promise, this is a product that you cannot live without....(man does that sound like advertising or what ? sorry about that)

Also, just a note for those of you that use baby oil. For the years that I have been an aesthetician, I have seen more and more milia pop up around the eyes. Baby Oils contains Mineral Oil which clogs the pores and causes the congestion in the skin that is very difficult to get rid of. I know it is inexpensive, but it would be smarter to spend the money on even say a safflower oil or olive oil in the cooking section rather than to use baby oil, mineral oil or products that contain mineral oil.

My advice is to think this....like begets like. Most mascaras have some form of oil in them. Using the oil will break down the oil product in mascara as well as other makeup and clear it clean from the face. I would also make sure that you are washing with facial cleanser to rid your face of debris afterwards...

Does anybody know where to buy the Physicians' Formula eye cream? I see that line at CVS but I have not seen any of the skin care stuff there.

BTW, the most important eye cream to use during the day is called SUNSCREEN! I think Neutrogena makes one specifically for the eye area that has an SPF of 30.

Back