what groups do you think you would/did fit in at highschool?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought of responding to this thread a few times, but also had to really think about it.  I guess you could say that I didn't really fit into any groups when i was in high school.  When I went, there were pretty much no extracurriculars, clubs, etc (due to union/government conflicts) until my final year, so we basically went to class then went home; not terribly social.  I also went to a rather rough high school too, which wasn't a great experience for someone who didn't "fit in" for a number of reasons like myself.  Looking back, it could be quite a scary, and at times, even violent place. 

Though I was involved in a lot of music-related things, I was also a pretty lazy student too.  I did the minimum to get into university, but had a somewhat disjointed way of pursuing my interests (mainly music); I really wasn't very focused.  I guess my nerdiness took some time to evolve before starting grad school lol

Anyway, I graduated in 2003, and it's so random how much changes in a decade.  In recent years, I've had some great conversations with people who literally sat behind or beside me in classes and never spoke a word.  I've also bumped into people through community projects or concerts I've done that I never would have imagined that I'd have anything in common with back in the day.  I've also encountered a few individuals who were notorious jerks back then, and some seem to have straightened out as people.

At the same time, I have very little to do most of the people I used to hang out with then; we kind of drifted apart, and probably wouldn't have much in common these days either.  It just goes to show, life is funny at times, and so unpredictable!

I was in the "artsy" group. The kind of people who wrote for the school paper and story book that my HS did every year. I was in the Drama Club, the Creative Writing class and 2 different English Lit classes. Plus art classes. Including pottery. I still have a few of my creations hanging around here.

I'm really an Language Arts/Creative Arts person. So, that's the kind of people I hung out with.

Back