What is an aspirin mask?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been hearing a lot about these lately! I never really used to pay attention to the skin care board, because I had dry skin that I knew how to take care of. My skin is now going through a late teen crisis or something because it has totally changed. My skin is like oily now, when it used to be dry. It is so weird and I'm used to having completely clear skin. I've been breaking out lately and I don't know what to do, because I'm not used to dealing with oily skin. Any help or tips for me? Also I've been hearing a lot about aspirin masks lately. What are these supposed to help, and are they for oily skin?

2nd to be careful about using too much astringents. I used to use strong products to try to control my combo/oily skin and it dried my skin out too much which in return made me breakout. I've noticed that if my skin gets dry it produces more oil and I get clogged pores. Have a good moisturizer that moisturizers but isn't too heavy which can glogg the pores is ideal. I'm still on my search to find the best moisturizer. I've been using Liz Earle skin care recently and my skin seems to like it. The only thing is that you can't get the line here in the US. Gotta over it from UK online but their shipping is pretty fast and the service in general is excellent. I like the line because it's more natural and uses good ingreadients from the nature.

Salicylic acid works on the acid mantle of the skin, (good for the scalp too, esp. if you add 5 tablets + 1/2 tsp hot cayenne + 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar & use a toothbrush to massage in to the scalp 1-3x/week.

the aspirin mask is a few aspirin mixed with water to form a paste... thats it.. and it works wonders... well it did for me... alot of ppl also add aloe vera, honey, or even just mix there favorite facial mask with a couple aspirin and use it that way.. but u should try it.. its a cheap and easy way to try something that works for a lot of people..

Originally Posted by SkinCareFreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif Kool! I think I'll try this! Only one question. Why does it work? What in it makes it work? -Salicylic acidwhich is what most anti acne products use to get rid of pimples and oily skin complexion
smile.gif

Originally Posted by claire20a /img/forum/go_quote.gif OOhh this sounds good - how long do you leave it on for? 5 to 10 mins, or it could really dry your skin
smile.gif

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif 5 to 10 mins, or it could really dry your skin
smile.gif
Thanks for the quick reply!

Originally Posted by claire20a /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for the quick reply! np
wink.gif

Hi, do you think using the mask AND another seperate will be too much for my skin?

its oily

i erally like my current mask

but this sounds really great too.

if anyone knows please reply!

thankyou

well u could always just add a couple aspirin to ur current mask... a lot of ppl use it that way..

Latest posts

Back