What is the best dramatic "false lashes" looking mascara?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have very light blonde, super short lashes.  I would like to avoid having to put on false eyelashes everyday.  What is your go-to miracle mascara?

Look for a mascara with fibers. A mascara with fibers will help create a false lash look but make sure to curl your lash first before applying. If you use one make sure you don't over apply or you may end up with spider-leg lashes.

I love bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara. It really does define my eyelashes so well, and they look amazing. It doesn't clump my eyelashes together which I love.

I haven't tried fiber  mascaras, so I can't recommend them, but I can recommend Mally Volumizing Mascara, it's amazing and adds  so much volume! I love it!

I m using the YSL mascara and it reeallly volumize n curls my lashes really well. and it's waterproof

I love Diorshow Extase. I've got flimsy lashes and this stuff really lengthens, separates & volumizes mine to an extreme. The only thing I don't love about it is that it isn't waterproof. I'm not sure if it comes in a waterproof formula, though. It very well might. But my all time favorite is L'oreal's Double Extend waterproof. It's a double ended product. One side is a fiber base & the other side is the mascara. The stuff holds up under the worst of conditions & never flakes on me. You can really build this stuff up to get your lashes as in-your-face as you want. The other nice thing about it is that I can always find it on a buy-one-get-one-50%-off, so it knocks the price down a fair bit. Drugstore mascaras are getting more & more expensive, unfortunately.

Two that I have used are Fiberwig.... Very gentle waterproof easy to remove with warm water... I am currently trying Too Faced better than false lashes it comes with two one is mascara then you apply a coat of fiber lashes then recoat with mascara, it also removes easily with warm water and soap

I just tried this stuff:

I hated it because it looked like I was wearing false lashes...so maybe you would like it. I got it at Target, but you can probably get it basically anywhere.

I'm not sure how well it would work on you though since I have naturally very dark (black), thick, long, curly eyelashes to begin with, and people often think I'm wearing mascara even when I'm not...but you could give it a try.

I just tried this stuff: I hated it because it looked like I was wearing false lashes...so maybe you would like it. I got it at Target, but you can probably get it basically anywhere. I'm not sure how well it would work on you though since I have naturally very dark (black), thick, long, curly eyelashes to begin with, and people often think I'm wearing mascara even when I'm not...but you could give it a try.
I tried this, too. I thought the formula was goopy and thick, I actually had to wipe the wand before using. The results were nice and I liked the long, tapered wand, but wasteful having to get rid of the excess before use.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried this, too. I thought the formula was goopy and thick, I actually had to wipe the wand before using. The results were nice and I liked the long, tapered wand, but wasteful having to get rid of the excess before use.
Interesting. I liked the formula...I just hated the look.

Latest posts

Back