What is the BEST foundation you have ever used?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definately wanna try the mufe hd....ahh but my check won't allow it right now. I'm alternating between my Studio Fix Fluid, and Max Factor Pan Stick foundations.

I have not tried a large variety of foundations but when I bought Revlon Colorstay I basically stopped looking at anything else. It works well for me.

I've tried almost every foundation out there. I've tried REALLY cheap to REALLY expensive. After all of that, I always go back to mineral makeup. I know many are against this type makeup, but it really is the best for stay in place makeup.

Once you find your perfect MMU brand there is NO comparison to anything on the market. It can take a while to find "the one". If you want to finally stop the inevitable disappoint of cream and liquid foundation go on the hunt for the perfect MMU. The perfect MMU will work for you if your skin is dry, oily or combo. MMU can work for anyone IF you find YOUR formulation. There are so many different formulations on the market from so many MMU companies. It's best to try the small internet companies they normally sell REAL MMU, no chemicals and all natural.

I have combo skin and I'm prone to breakouts, and my favorite foundation is now MAC's SPF 15 oil free Studio Fix Fluid. I love love love it (it's the only liquid foundation I've ever loved too). Previously, my HG foundation was Bare Minerals foundation.

I just use concealer most days and that's Revlon's Colorstay.

For foundation - I stick to my L'Oreal True Match + Sally Hansen mix.

I did love MAC's studio fix fluid, but it broke me out. MUFE's HD is good but it made my skin dry a bit.

Well, I never really liked liquid, because even the palest of the pale left a line along my jawline. It also made me breakout.

I tried Bare Minerals and liked it ok, but it still left me kind of orangey.

Then I tried EDM and fell in absolute love. I use the O Glow and LOVE it, and there's no line at all.

I just placed on order on the 20th from Fyrinnae and got some foundation in there, too, so hopefully I'll like that, too.

Originally Posted by laurie_lu /img/forum/go_quote.gif The 'original' Revlon Colorstay before they added that Softflex crap to it. I'm with you there, that stuff is murder.

Revlon ColorStay. I actually like the softflex formula... before that it used to break me out terribly!

Make up for ever Mat Velvet is probably the best for me. I have combination skin.

On a budget, I'd say Revlon Colorstay (you can't try it on though) or Neutrogena Skin clearing make up in the compact form (which doesn't have a lot of shades).

I am currently in love with Revlon's Colorstay for oily/combo skin. Its look great, has good coverage and I don't even need finishing powder. Before that I used Maybellnes mineral power liquid. I actually tried the MUFE HD foundation and didn't like how I looked, my face look dry and ashy

I have several ...

Day to day :

Benefit You Rebel Light (this is a tinted moisturiser, but I think has better coverage than most in this category)

Night time / luxury :

NARS Balanced foundation - beautiful light texture and great coverage.

General "emergencies"

Loreal Infallible - beautiful matt finish, best used with a primer for a lovely silky finish ...

The only foundation I have tried and liked so far is CoverFx NaturalFX foundation.

Back