What is your "everyday" face?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I typically wear this when I go somewhere casual. If I´m at home or going to the grocery store I´m 100% bare faced. For some reason I only put either nothing or quite a lot on my face lol

FACE

- milk of magnesia to keep me matte

- sunscreen

- Estee Lauder Doublewear liquid foundation

- Physician´s formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 pressed powder

- bronzer (MAC matte or one with only a very soft shimmer)

EYES

- undereye concealer: a Laura Mercier one in a peach tone first, then Makeup Forever full cover concealer really sparingly on any really dark areas that shine through

- brow pencil

- MAC Soft Ochre Paint pot to even out the skin on my eyelids

- MAC Sculpting Duo (LE) for a softly defined eye

- white eye kohl on the lower waterline

- black eye pencil to tightline and line outer half of upper lashline

- mascara

LIPS

- tinted lip balm or lip gloss

Cleanse! -Remove Eye Makeup with Pond's Original All Day Clean Cleansing Towelettes -Shower and cleanse face with L'Oreal Ideal Skin Genisis Pore Minimizing Gel Cleanser (I have dry skin and this is non-foaming. It smells sooooo good too. I know I should use fragrance free but... oh well.) Moisturize! -Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel [it's super light and refreshing. At night I just put a heavier cream on my face.] Paint it on! -For an everyday foundation I dab & blend Almay Clear Complexion Liquid Foundation #20 in Neutral -Set Foundation with MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC25 -Add Dior Bronze Original Tan Bronzer in Honey Tan No. 02 to hollows of my cheeks for contour, under my chin and my temples during the winter; and top of cheekbones, nose, temples, under chin & on neck and top of orbital bones during the summer when i'm actually tan ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> - Touch the apples of my cheeks and bridge of my nose with blush in a peachy tone... I have a Neutrogena mosiac one right now... Don't know the color (If I curl my hair, I set it before I ......) The eyes have it! -Shape my brows with a matte blonde brow powder from the Smashbox Studio to Go Limited Edition Mega Palatte (that I compulsively, and excitedly, ordered from QVC around midnight during a bought of insomnia one night haha. Great buy though!!) http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.tpl.csweb.cm_scid.cswb.item.A203682/walk.yah.6285~7526~7527 -Highlight my brow bone with a cream or white shadow -Brush a light taupe over the whole lid -Line the top lashline with Kat Von D Tattoo liner in Trooper [Thick on the outer corner and superfine towards the inner corner, kinda 50's style) (kinda like this but less smoldering & more of a clean look - http://www.bellasugar.com/10-Hot-New-Eyeliner-Shapes-Fall-5309489?page=0,0,2) -Two coats of Maybelline Great Lash BIG in Blackest Black -Brush through my brows once more to make sure there's no light eyeshadow in them!! Pucker up! -Burt's Bees classic balm -Maybe a nude lipstick... Dior Addict Lipstick - Beige Casual 222, NP Set Denver (neither last too long but I like the color and opacities) -Maybe whatever gloss I have on hand... I've been loving Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips in Krystal Then I blow-out my hair lol un-styled & no products unless it's a leave in conditioning spray and then tear apart my closet to find an outfit to wear to work!

Before: Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle Solution on cotton pad to cleanse Avene Thermal Water to tone Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee Eye & Lip Contour Cream Murad Sensitivity Redness Solutions Serum Olay Complete Sensitive SPF30 Daily Moisturizer What eyeshadow, blush, highlighter/contour, lip colour or mascara I use varies. But these are everyday mainstays: Hard Candy Sheer Envy primer Dr. Brandt's Pores No More pore refiner - nose & inner cheeks Bobbi Brown TM Laura Mercier Secret Camoflauge (spots) NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base, or Benefit Lemon Aid if I'm not using eyeshadow but just want some lid correction YSL Touche Eclat, also undereye (usually, this is enough) Makeup Forever AquaEyes #23L in the lower waterline MAC MSFN Laura Mercier Black Ebony Cakeliner to tightline Benefit Brow-Zings! or Maybelline Define-a-Brow Maybelline Great Lash Clear through bows Carmex, tissued off Caudalie Lip Treatment or MAC Prep & Prime Lip Avene Thermal Water to set

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How does the milk of magnesia work to keep your face matte?  I've never heard of this!! Im intregued!

the main ingredient in unflavored milk of magnesia absorbs oil extremely well. It´s something that a lot of people with oily skin use on their oily areas before makeup

-Shiseido SPF60 PA+++ Sunblock

-MAC Prep+Prime Primer(using up, then back to Laura Mercier)

-Chanel Correcteur Perfection Concealer in 20 (I think?)

-Laura Mercier Pressed Powder Foundation in 2

-MAC Fix+ Set Spray

-MAC Eye Brows in Lingering

-MAC Brow Set; clear

-MAC Brow Set in clear on my lashes; defined but not too much.

I maybe a 1/3 of the time do some brown liner, mascara and shadow.

Before makeup:

Cleanse with Cetaphil

Exfoliate with Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub

Moisturize with Ponds Dry Skin Cream oMax Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion with SPF 30

After that:

I apply You Rebel Lite by Benefit all over my face. Then I spot conceal with Benefit's Erase Paste, focusing on right under my eyes as well as this stubborn spot on my cheek that seems to always be red! Then I apply a light dusting of LO'real's mineral foundation (can't remember it's full name). Then I'll do another light dusting of a translucent setting powder by Laura Mercier. After all that, I'll use a bronzer all over for that glowy look, usually Golden Bronze by e.l.f. Then I contour with Hoola, by Benefit. Then I'll apply blush. Right now I'm into Living Doll, by Hard Candy. 

After the face, I apply a shimmery champagne highlighter to my inner tear duct, brow bone and the tops of my cheekbones. If I am not going anywhere special, I usually will put Celestine (GORGEOUS shimmery taupe) by Bare Essentuals all over my lid. Then I'll put a deeper shade in my crease and blend up into the mid-brown bone area. Then I'll either use Stila Smudge Pot in black to line my upper lash line, or use a matte black shadow and a smudge brush to smudge it into my lash line for a smokey look. Then I curl my lashes and top them off with either Benefit's Bad Gal Lash, or Buxom Lash (which has the best brush of all time by the way). 

Then the final and most important part, eyebrows. I start by using a brown defining wax and a thin angled brush to define and outline the brow, focusing mainly on the arch from the bottom. Then I fill it in with MAC's brow powder which they don't sell anymore unfortunately. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And that's it! Haha. If I'm going out it's a completely different story of course!

Before makeup:

Aveeno Ultra Calming Moisturizing Cream Cleanser

Aveeno Positively Ageless Youth Perfecting Moisturizer w/SPF30 

(or pure grapeseed oil is my face is irritated or very dry)

L'Oreal Paris Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base

MAC eye paint as an eyeshadow base

Makeup:

L'Oreal Paris Magic Smooth Souffle foundation

MUFE HD powder

Loose mineral eyeshadow in one neutral color (I have several jars from different private companies)

Loose mineral blush in a light pink

N.Y.C. black waterproof eye liner pencil

Maybelline Volum'Express waterproof mascara in black

Lip liner (many different brands)

Lipstick (many different brands)

and....ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS a lipgloss (which will go into my pocket when finished!)

And I never leave the house without a perfume on too!

I think I'm a bit backwards from most people (lol). I use the morning and early afternoon as my "trial time" for new looks, techniques, and applications. I'll do intense/crazy looks with bright vibrant colors to see how they turn out. I'll also "test drive" any products I'm thinking about using on a client. (I test all products before applying them on anybody else).

I workout in the early afternoon, and then obviously shower afterwards, so buh-bye goes the crazy look. If I'm doing in-studio or location makeup, I always keep it neutral (or maybe neutral w/ a little flair like winged liner). I don't like to "scare" potential clients with a dramatic look--kind of that "they will do my makeup like they do their's " theory that some people have....

For days that I'm not doing anything special, It's brown shadow and a highlight, then smudged out pencil liner and some mascara. I'll spot cover or do a verrrry light foundation app.

It was fun reading everyone's routine!

- MAC Studio Finish Concealer - NC15 (only sometimes)

- MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation - NC15

- MAC Bronzing Powder - Refined Golden

- MAC Powder Blush in Well Dressed (not my only blush, but it's what I've been usually the most lately)

- Urban Decay Primer Potion - Original

- Eyeshadow, of course (usually MAC and NARS, mostly). I usually do some variation of a smokey eye, in various colors and darknesses (is that a word? LOL).

- MAC Fluidline (I use this most days, even if I'm using another color on my waterline or lower lash line -- I used to use Blitz & Glitz, which is just Blacktrack with shimmer, but yesterday, I got Blacktrack, so I'll probably use that now)

- Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner pencil (I have over 15 -- because I got the set of 15, lol! -- but I mostly use Zero -- sometimes I use Perversion but we currently can't get it alone, so I try not to use it often --, but again, I got Blacktrack Fluidline yesterday, so I'll probably use that now in the waterline when I want to use black)

- Various mascaras, depending on what I want

- MAC Lipstick (most of the time -- I've been LOVING Myth lately, because I love smokey eyes)

- Lipgloss, most days

I have lipliners, but I haven't been using them that often.

my new look that I wear everyday:

-revlon colorstay foundation in golden beige (i've recently had very bad breakouts, so i need this full coverage)

-MAC mineralized skinfinish natural in medium plus

-Tara Tarantino blush

-a little Nars laguna to contour

-Physicians Formula shimmer strips to highlight

-MUFE hd setting powder

-MAC eyebrows

-MAC patina, browndown to line top and bottom lashlines

-Lancome black shadow to line the top

-Loreal voluminous mascara

-MAC gingerroot lipliner, and MAC plushglasses

If I don't leave the house, which I rarely do, I don't wear makeup at all. But for like shopping or daytime, I always do concealer, eyebrows, eye liner, and lip balm or light lipstick.

For the past month I just use max factor mastertouch concealer, Max Factor - false lash effect mascara or l'oreal telescopic and if I'm not lazy I use Urban decay 24/7 pencil in Corrupt on my upper lash line. I don't bother with my eyebrows anymore.

I use a highlighter, bronzer, blush, some gold eye shadow with a brown in the crease and a lip gloss... pretty natural these days, but I just got a few stila palettes and an UD palette in the mail so I'll be using them for a while!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I dont have an Everyday look, My look literally changes everyday n not just shadow n lip looks I use different foundations as well just ....well for no reason really other than i just love to do makeup Some days i wear Just concealer allover from ORIGINS with NYX Powder or sometimes M.A.C foundation w/ M.A.C powder or Loreal Foundation With A diff powder    But ONe thing I mostly have to have everyday is False LAshes Its my Mu Addiction!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

on a day to day basis....

I get up wash my face...

moisturise..

I use Maybeline Dream Satin liquid

then some eyeshadow with eyeliner and with mascara.

Thats it..

Everyday face

• MAC's studio fix powder foundation - NC35
  • MAC's mineralized skin finish - soft & gentle
  • Nars bronzer - laguna
  • Some random Annabelle blush

My everyday eyes vary because I switch it up almost everyday. I've always wanted one eye look to wear everyday but realized I get bored easily, so one day I'll wear just mascara and eyeliner, another day I'll wear a shadow and mascara, another day i'll wear all 3. Just varies with how much time I have in the morning, how lazy I am and where I'm going.

Back