What is your favorite brand of makeup brush and why?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say that the ELF studio brushes are cheap @ $3 each, but they are so soft, and don't shed (at least none of mine did, and I got a couple multiples)

I used to have some favorite brushes and decided to try 1 or two from ELF, now I don't use anything but the ELF brushes. I'm hooked.

I like ELF too. Their studio brushes are really nice and dont seem to shed. While their regular white brushes are a little bit on the breakable side. My regular powder brush sheds everywhere. but all of my studio brushes work fabulously. I also like sonya kashuck.

i love MAC but if you're looking for cheaper brushes, i like Sigma Brushes or Coastal Scents

MAC brushes are the best but if you want something that works well with good price you might wanna try Essence of Beauty brushes..sonia kashuk brushes are also good quality..

My sonia kashuk angled blush brush is the best brush I've found so far for blush.

I'm looking to find come new brushes myself. I've heard lots of good things about the Coastal Scents ones.

I love my EDM brushes for mineral foundation applications, they range around $7-11ish each. super soft, applies well. I use the long handled kabuki and flat top kabukis.

I love my coastal scents brushes for blush and eye applications, they range around $1.50-15 each. The only brush I have a problem with shedding is a blush brush that I've tried using to stipple/buff in liquid makeup (Saw an EnKore video that suggested a round mop brush so I tried using a round blush brush for it) and it'll shed whenever I use it with liquid, but it's fine with powder blushes. (I've gone back to just using a stippling brush lately.)

I like my ELF brushes, I still grab my concealer brush, shadow brush, and liquid foundation brush regularly. (the shadow brushes are a bit thicker and rougher than my CS ones, but it seems to work faster at packing more color on at once if I am in a hurry). They have two lines, a $1 line and a $3 line. I bought my brushes before they introduced the $3 (studio) line. They're not my favorites, but they still work well enough for me to still use them. Definitely worth at least the dollar though.

I like my Target brushes (both generic Target brand and Sonia Kashuk brand), they run from like $3-20, but I only have a couple brushes from there. Haven't had any bad experiences with those brushes, but haven't had any sort of glorious moments with them, either.

I've spent up to maybe $17 on the larger brushes, but most of my brushes are $1-$5 for eye brushes and $7-12 for face brushes. Great brushes overall, definitely not crazy expensive. No need to go out and spend $50 on a single brush, when you can have an entire set for less than that.

Originally Posted by Sophiadolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am looking for high quality makeup brushes, that are not crazy expensive. I am looking for brushes that do not shed, and wash well. I don't have a preference between natural or synthetic hair.

I'm glad you posted this. I'm looking for a softer set than the one I use now, but I don't want to spend a lot of money.

I'm a bit meticulous, I like my stuff to match... I like sets the best, but if the color matches, then I'm okay with it...

I'm checking all the links that everyone posted... I may try ecoTools first and ELF because I can get those in a store. I like to be able to feel what I'm getting before I make a real decision.

I've thought about getting "art" brushes, but I'm not really sure on how to compare to get something that will work well for makeup... 

Honestly, as long as it does the job well, brand isn't really a concern for me.

Although I do love the MAC brushes a lot!

I don't own any, but I've heard good things about Crown brushes. I know that anyone who goes to IMATS (International makeup artists trade show) makes sure to stop by Crown and pick up a bundle of their brushes. I've also heard they manufacture Coastal Scents brushes. Has anyone here used these ones or have better information than I do?

Ecotools. I love the bronzer brush, very soft. I heard good things about the concealer, powder, and blush brush as well.

Posh. I think you can order these online. Maybe similar to Essence of Beauty brand?

MAC. I like the 217 and 242 brush.

I have some QUO brushes that I'm absolutely in love with. I bought a gift set of 7, and they're so soft. The blush brush is just heaven. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
They're also a very very pretty blue colour that I love. It makes them stand out.

And the set was only $35. 

I have been using Bare Escentuals for years.  I love their bare minerals in medium beige and use their kabuko brush to apply.  I also get terrific help with makeup tips and tricks from Ulta.  www.ulta.com is terrific if you don't have a strore near you.

I would also recommend the Eco Tools brushes. They are very affordable, last a long time, and are so soft!  

Back