What is your favorite WATERPROOF mascara?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need one really good waterproof mascara!

I have long lashes so this mascara can't clump. Most of the times when I go out I wear false lashes so it would mostly be for my bottom lashes therefor it REALLY can't go anywhere! If I am not wearing false lashes, though, I need something that will curl my lashes up and not clump them or flake at all. 

I've got kind of whispy lashes, not super thick or naturally long, and kind of medium brown in color. I've found that whether or not a mascara clumps very often depends on the application technique used. I always use a very small, skinny spoolie brush or stiff, tiny fan brush for my bottom lashes to prevent clumping or making a mess beneath my eyes, not the applicator that comes with the mascara. I use the same spoolie for my top lashes as well. You can also try a metal-toothed lash comb, which also works really well. Best waterproof mascara I've found is L'Oréal Double Extend. It's a double ended product with lash primer on one side & mascara on the other. The primer has fibers in it, which really helps with lengthening & volumizing, although I don't always use it on my bottom lashes. Generally only when I have a bit more time. It does work well for making my bottom lashes stand out more, however. Try applying some lash primer first on the top & bottom, comb through your lashes to make sure they're well separated, then let dry for 20 seconds or so. Next, apply your mascara, combing through again & allowing to dry between applications. Using the product I mentioned, along with the technique, I can easily layer my mascara 3-4 times & not get any clumping or nasty spider lashes. Lancome & Estee Lauder also make very good lash primers, which also have fibers. I'd avoid Dior's, though. I don't find it does much of anything at all, considering the price it's sold for.

World's Most Popular Mascara: Maybelline Great Lash. Now, we're getting into the budget mascara. The best waterproof mascara on the market is Maybelline Great Lash waterproof mascara. It is a classic and reputed to be the best-selling waterproof mascara ever created. It doesn't clump, lasts a long time and won't come off easily.

Back