What is your New Years resolution?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never do resolutions... but I'd like to try to lose weight for my cousins wedding in mid June. We'll see...

Spring clean my closet. It's packed full of clothes, but i wear half of it, so i really need to throw away what i don't use anymore, and buy others that suit me more.

OMG GUYS!! Im so happy that you guys shared all of your new years resolutions. But I noticed most of us wanted to change something with weight. haha..

I know right. I understand how you guys feel. Its not easy to put it on action. Such a procastinator>.< Ive always had something to do with my weight every year but Im glad I got to do some but I just hate to gain it more bck on easily. Would you believe it how your just workin too hard to lose some,all the hard work and everything,then all of a sudden when u actually stopped because for whatever reason u had to deal with (ie; stress,work,school etc) then its GONE..u gained it bck on like nothing happened
frown.gif
urrgh.. so frustrating ryt! (lol)

But Goodluck everyone!..May all of us Have a SUCCESSFUL new year resolutions.
hugss.gif

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Spring clean my closet. It's packed full of clothes, but i wear half of it, so i really need to throw away what i don't use anymore, and buy others that suit me more. donate
smile.gif
i always want to go through my closet and donate to people i know who could use it. everyone likes new clothes
tongue.gif

I have actually done something already with one of my resolutions - participating more in my TG support group. A member phoned today about a friend who was having computer problems. I phoned them and tried to help over the phone. I wasn't able to totally fix their computer problems but the support group might be gaining another member.

I already posted elsewhere about my attending digital photography classes last year and plan to continue this year to try to improve my photography and Photoshop Elements skills.

I also want to expand my computer skills to include Linux so I can rebuild older computers for use by people who otherwise wouldn't have access to a computer.

In the second half of last year I started wearing at least foundation and lipstick to go with my outfits at the monthly support group meetings. I want to start refining my makeup more this year - I am finding out a lot here.

My New Year's Rez is to get my health back into order.. it's gonna take a lot of money to get well, and that is sad that you have to spend your life savings to save your life. I will remember to take my medications regularly! I will continue to exercise and eat better foods. Most of all, I need to get this condo ready so I can move into a house. I am so sick of this small space! Maybe then after all this is done, I can finally get married. This wedding is three years in the making and I am tired of waiting. (again.. more money to save up)

My resolution last year was to lose weight, and I took off 40lbs. This year, I wanna get the last 20 off, but more importantly, I want to make exercise a priority. I lost last year by mostly better food choices, and minimal increase in activity. I aim to get much fitter this year.

I already signed up for hoopdance classes, and since I got engaged this Christmas, all my bridesmaids are eager to join the gym, and work out together so we will be riotously hot in my photos.
wink.gif

i havent really thought about new years resolutions, but i wish everyone the best of luck with theres
smile.gif

I need to stop eating so much sugar!! It's crazy the amount that goes into my body in just an hour!

Originally Posted by beautasian /img/forum/go_quote.gif OMG GUYS!! Im so happy that you guys shared all of your new years resolutions. But I noticed most of us wanted to change something with weight. haha..I know right. I understand how you guys feel. Its not easy to put it on action. Such a procastinator>.< Ive always had something to do with my weight every year but Im glad I got to do some but I just hate to gain it more bck on easily. Would you believe it how your just workin too hard to lose some,all the hard work and everything,then all of a sudden when u actually stopped because for whatever reason u had to deal with (ie; stress,work,school etc) then its GONE..u gained it bck on like nothing happened
frown.gif
urrgh.. so frustrating ryt! (lol)

But Goodluck everyone!..May all of us Have a SUCCESSFUL new year resolutions.
hugss.gif

I think I'm the only person who's gone against the grain and said they want to put weight on. I've always been quite slim but this past year due to stress and whatnot I lost quite a lot. I generally average around 8 stone which doesn't seem like a lot but I'm only 5"3. However, I've dropped down to 7 stone without even realising it and I've started to become a bit worried that my weight might be the reason I've been struggling to fall pregnant (remember the thread when I really thought I was because I was like two months late?). But no joy and I've decided that I've got to give my body the best chance by getting back to a healthy BMI. Easier said than down sadly, my metabolism is crazy fast and I struggle to gain weight. Speaking of which, does anyone have any advice how to gain weight sensibly?

I've already given up smoking so now I have to get rid of the weight I have put on through not smoking.

i think.. to stop nagging at my first born who's now sixteen.. accept and remind myself that he's already a grown up
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Jadeanne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have actually done something already with one of my resolutions - participating more in my TG support group. A member phoned today about a friend who was having computer problems. I phoned them and tried to help over the phone. I wasn't able to totally fix their computer problems but the support group might be gaining another member.
I already posted elsewhere about my attending digital photography classes last year and plan to continue this year to try to improve my photography and Photoshop Elements skills.

I also want to expand my computer skills to include Linux so I can rebuild older computers for use by people who otherwise wouldn't have access to a computer.

In the second half of last year I started wearing at least foundation and lipstick to go with my outfits at the monthly support group meetings. I want to start refining my makeup more this year - I am finding out a lot here.

my dad finds youtube videos and those photoshop books/magazines super helpful for learning photoshop. he has gotten really good at it actually.

it's good to hear that you have your list of stuff to keep yourself busy this year. Good luck in your nursing school and it's so nice to know that your changing your lifestyle also then, good for you beautasian.

Mine? continue to my stuff that I am used to and hope to help more individuals with their skin problems and the like.

i don't really make new years resolutions anymore because i can never achieve them, but... last year i saw the doctor a lot for various things, so this year, I guess, i want to take better care of my health... both mental and physical! I'm just going to take one day at a time and remember to breathe.

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif my dad finds youtube videos and those photoshop books/magazines super helpful for learning photoshop. he has gotten really good at it actually. Thank you for the tips. I find the "Missing Manual" book very helpful and there are lots of helpful internet tutorials.
The classes started again last Saturday and I am helping answer other attendee's camera and computer questions.

I feel fortunate that the instructor is giving the classes at one of our sister churches that is close by, and only asks for a small donation to the church for use of the room.

Sit down to eat with my husband and little boy for dinner every night possible at the table and not eating my eighteen month old's leftovers for my meal because I am in a hurry!

Back