What is your signature or favorite perfume?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For 5 years or more, my signature scent was Sensi by Giorgio Armani. I can tell you right now I literally cried a river when they decided to discontinue my one true love. I even wore it on my wedding day. It held so many great memories, It was so me in a bottle. I still have a bottle with a bit left on the bottom just so I can smell it from time to time. I tried to find something similar but never did. Until this spring. One sniff of Trussardi My Name and I was sold. It reminds me of Sensu quite a bit. On my skin it is a very close dupe, even if the notes in the pyramid are very different. I can't explain how the chemestry happens but I don't care. Needless to say I bought a 100 ml bottle as fast as I could. So, that's my new signature scent.

I'm all about the Pure Seduction scent from Victoria's Secret!  I also love Viva La Juicy from Juicy Couture.  I can't say I have a signature scent because I like so many, but those two are my absolute favorites!

I love Marc Jacobs Honey! I got a sample of it and before that I never really had any signature or favorite scents but I'm saving up to get a full bottle of it. It is such a beautiful scent :)

I love to use Oriens By Van Cleef & Arpels on me every time I go out but this is not the only fragrance I use, However it is my signature perfume 

My favorite perfume is Fresh Life by Fresh. It's so good. I love most of the perfumes in the Fresh line, though, so I have a number of their rollerballs to vary it up if I want. 

I used to be a Bond No 9 fan but I've switched over to organic brands for health reasons.  I have 3 items of bond that it seems tragic to just throw away.  I'm wondering if there are any Boston-area Bond lovers who would want to buy the bottles from me for a very cheap price.  I have astor place (100ml), probably about 3/4 full.  I have a sag harbor (50ml), basically full and I have the original box.  I also have the astor place lotion as well that is full.  Anyone interested, let me know.  (sorry if this shouldn't be posted in this forum).

I didn't even understand how someone could HAVE a signature scent until I smelled Honey by Marc Jacobs. Before that I was always sort of "well it's just perfume... just pick one that smells okay"

Hands down, Be Delicious by DKNY. Yum!

Runners up are: Very Sexy for Her and Pure Seduction from Victoria's Secret!

Slowly getting back into wearing perfume again, it's funny but sometimes I go through months without wearing it.  

Right now I am loving both Campfire Rebel and Cuddle Punk by Pinrose.  These scents just blend perfect with my chemistry!   :wub:

I have way too much perfume...but my long-standing have is viva la juicy. Noir tease by Victoria's secret is similar but lasting strength is crap. My newest have is Nirvana white and black mixed, soooo good. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Acca Cappa. Hermes Un Jardin. Lanvin Eclat and Lanvin Rumeur 2 Rose. Bvlgari Crystalline.

I get kinda attached to perfumes and these are the only ones I've used so far. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have about 15 perfumes on my dresser and none of them can replace my all time favorite body shop vanilla circa 1992. They reformulated it and now it smells all flowery on me. But the original was rice krispy treats in a bottle. I "like" pink sugar, viva la juicy, ralph lauren romance, VS angel, demeter marshmallow, hanae mori, VS heavenly stardust, ck euphoria, armani mania, barr co. original scent. But none can replace that old vanilla.
I recently sampled Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Vanille Extreme, and so help me, it took me back to that 1992 high school Body Shop Vanilla lotion I always had to have in my purse, even said as much in my review on Fragrantica, lol

While not exact as the heliotrope gives it a bit more cotton candy/sugar on the drydown, it is the closest I've smelled to it in forever.

Oh! and i forgot Demeter Jasmine which I got in an Ipsy trade and loooovvve so much. It's a summer favorite for me this year :wub:
oh man, those Demeter florals, I love the honeysuckle and orange blossom, too.  :wub:

I've always been a 'wear what matches my mood' kinda person, but I've had a cast of repeat favorites..to date myself:

In early high school it was Vanilla Fields, followed by Samsara when I got a little older and started making more money, I still pull out the Samsara when I need a 'power scent'.

When CK Truth came out, I wore that, the body oil spray in particular, for years.

Right now the current cast of 'most worn' is Tokyo Milk Tainted Love, Maison Margiela Beachwalk, or Clean Skin (hubby loves this one)

Back