What job does eveyone do?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm studying to be a psychologist or an occupational therapist... favouring the latter, but who knows where this psych degree will take me. I have one semester left, the future looks bleak at the moment.

At the moment, to pay rent, I'm a beauty consultant.

My I work for a reprographic company that my sister and her husband opened up in San Francisco.  I love working with them, but I do NOT like the commute at all.  My favorite part is making my own schedule :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I love that I can go on vacation whenever :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As for now I'm a server in a restaurant, as well as a Web Design & Development student. I'm also a freelance graphic designer who specializes in Layout designs for magazines, & newspapers as well as identity. I also do other stuff as makeup, I hope eventually I will become a MUA as a part time job at least =)

I deal with patients who are on a certain blood thinner and need to take their blood test frequently. Recently got promoted and am now also part of a study for a special artificial heart.

I do Software Quality Assurance and have worked for many companies including government offices. I also love to volunteer around the community, but love volunteering at film festivals and hoping to get selected to volunteer at Sundance this year. To full fill my cosmetics addiction I am an also Avon Rep.

i'm starting a new job next monday, and i'm super excited!

i was previously a receptionist for two years (in germany), after i got my green card last december i worked two temp jobs (1 at hasbro in customer service, 1 as a recruiting coordinator for 38 studios) but both didn't lead to a "real job". now, next monday i will start at wayfair in the german part of the marketing operations dpt. i'm super excited! the job description said "analyst" but it really is a quality assurance position, which i don't mind at all. i just got the job offer last week and i can't wait to start (you might be able to tell lol)! my first "real" f/t job here in the US!

I do IT in a bank. I need to start looking around for another job though, feels like I've been in one place for too long (3 years) and I'm being under paid...so I believe.

I've always been in the retail industry. Went from Forever 21, Banana Republic, Jcrew, Macy's, Sephora, Henri Bendel, and now I currently work for Uniqlo :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Stay-at-home Mom since Dec 2007 (well, the mom part came June 28th 2008) but I substitute at my little one's preschool on occassion.

Before that: substitute teacher, children's party face painter/performer (Cinderella, Princess Leia, Dora, Elf, etc), line-dancing waitress (don't ask lol) , office manager & musical theatre performer. 

The job I have now is the most rewarding and fun I've ever had. That's not to say that I am not utterly exhausted all the time lol

It's so fun reading about everyone's jobs!

I work in group home. I take care of 3 adult woman in their home. They are all have some kind of mild mental/physical disability. One of them is in a wheelchair. It's A LOT of work.

Hows the new job going?!

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'm starting a new job next monday, and i'm super excited!

i was previously a receptionist for two years (in germany), after i got my green card last december i worked two temp jobs (1 at hasbro in customer service, 1 as a recruiting coordinator for 38 studios) but both didn't lead to a "real job". now, next monday i will start at wayfair in the german part of the marketing operations dpt. i'm super excited! the job description said "analyst" but it really is a quality assurance position, which i don't mind at all. i just got the job offer last week and i can't wait to start (you might be able to tell lol)! my first "real" f/t job here in the US!

I'm a recent college grad and now work as the communications and outreach supervisor for an online marketing company. (See, college students, there ARE jobs after you graduate!!)

I am also the founder and editor-in-chief of a lifestyle website for girls in their twenties which I started as a side project before I graduated and am hoping to make it a full-time job one day : )

Originally Posted by heyitsrilee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a recent college grad and now work as the communications and outreach supervisor for an online marketing company. (See, college students, there ARE jobs after you graduate!!)

I am also the founder and editor-in-chief of a lifestyle website for girls in their twenties (http://www.thetwentylife.com) which I started as a side project before I graduated and am hoping to make it a full-time job one day : )

Thetwentylife looks so cool! After looking at it I'm positive your dream of it being a full-time job one day will come true. It's very well set up and so awesome :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Always nice to see fellow women doing something smart and positive with their lives!!!

Thank you so, so much! I really appreciate it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by BreAnnNicole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thetwentylife looks so cool! After looking at it I'm positive your dream of it being a full-time job one day will come true. It's very well set up and so awesome :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Always nice to see fellow women doing something smart and positive with their lives!!!

Back