What kind of birth control pill do you take?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now I'm on Ortho-Cyclen, but I'm thinking I'm going to switch soon.  I feel like I've been super emotional with a side of occasional depression.  I never used to be like that, so I'm hoping it's the BC causing it.  I've also noticed my skin acting up more than usual.  I used to take Alesse in high school, and had no problems with it.  It would be so nice if I switched pills and it made all these problems go away. 

Things that I look out for when you're in the first 3 months of a new BC: Weight gain/loss, Acne - more/less, Mood swings - depression or anger (kind of bipolar feeling at times), Changes in breast size, changes in libido

I think those are the ones that have affected me most.

DreamWarrior - Have you had any symptoms of like nausea?  I'm still feeling out the side effects of Mirena, and it seems that I'll go through a time period where I get some rough bouts of nausea, and now, I've felt pangs that I used to describe as ovulation cramps that have happened twice since insertion.  (Sharp, needle like pain on the lower abdomen usually on just one or the other side)  It also sounds to me that your body took a long time to fully adjust to it. It feels like a slower process to me too, since it felt like a good two months before I got the effects of the insertion itself out of the way.  I've had two periods since then, but they've both been different so I'm waiting for the next one to try to gauge what should be more "normal" for me on it.

Back