What Language are you learning & why?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have started taking Dutch lessons,so I can understand some when I move to Netherlands next year and mabbe a bit of Dutch will make it easier to find a job.

I've been dabbling in learning a bunch of languages, but right now I am highly focusing in two languages in very intensive study.

German for my in-laws and "business" Portuguese.

Aside from English, I took French, Spanish and Latin in high school. That was over 10 years ago, so I've forgotten most of it, but we were in Paris on holidays 2 years ago and quite a bit of the French came back to me. That makes me want to "re-learn" it.

I'd also like to learn Chinese, Irish and sign language.

Not learning yet but Italian is in my agenda.

I want to speak with my family back in Italy! It's fun though when I see them they just start speaking to me like I understand hahaha sometimes I get something here and there.

My first language is Spanish and I also speak English, but I think you already knew that lol.

In the past i was into French, Spanish, Hindi and Arabic and i eventually stayed with just English..lol Although i wished i had continued with at least one, since IMO a second language is a good thing. My list of interests are growing daily so i don't think i can add a second language now.

I'm trying to learn Spanish because my co-oworkers all speak Spanish as their first language.

I'm teaching myself Japanese so I can go to Tokyo & Kyoto some day.

I'm working on Arabic because I love Middle Eastern music and dance.

apart from english, i learned spanish and latin in highschool. don't remember much, though i appreciate the few latin i remember, helps me during some classes.

i'd like to learn japanese because i've always been interested by the culture and i love mangas
smile.gif
but it costs some money and i can't be at two places at once, so i'll do it later.

i'd love to learn russian, cause it sounds and looks so cool.
Is it ,really
smile.gif
Never thought of that. But, you can always practise on me--it`s my mother tonque!

Back