What made you join Ipsy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my sorority sisters is subscribed to it, as well as a few other beauty subs, and she recommended trying them. I didn't want to join too many subs, so I figured I'd just pick one, based on what I read about them.

I narrowed it down to ipsy/MyGlam and Birchbox. I saw reviews of the October 2012 bag and saw how much they've changed from their earlier bags, so that convinced me to join. Over the past year, ipsy's grown a lot and have improved greatly from their earlier mistakes. From what I read about Birchbox, it's extremely hit or miss.

November's bag was my first and I don't regret joining at all. I can actually use everything I've gotten more than once and has gotten even better since. The products are things I could actually buy full size versions of and everything is completely beauty related.

I have no use for food or random lifestyle items in a beauty sub, which I actually didn't know Birchbox had those items besides beauty, until I actually read reviews of other people's boxes. I still look at Birchbox reviews and what they're getting pales in comparison to ipsy.

My sister is a member of a lot of subscription services, and she told me Ipsy is by far her favorite.  I totally agree- they haven't disappointed me at all!

The Pink Sith did a review on her December Ipsy bag and she's pretty picky about her subscription services.  She gave it a great review and I figured for $10 you can't really go wrong.  Plus they have urban decay products which I love.  I'm also really excited for the Josie Maran products.

I joined b/c Ive been watching Michelle Phan on you tube since i think she started doing videos in 2006 so i figured why not

Back