What makeup look did you use to do that makes u look back and cringe?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, I did the Covergirl pressed powder, too! I used to wear tons and tons of horrible pink blush smeared on my cheeks with no technique, about 10 coats of mascara (clump, clump, clump!), super ( I mean, seriously, you have no idea how thick) thick black liner on lower lashline, no joke, reapplying every 20 minutes, and plastic-y liquid, or dark brown, or pink shadow, applied as a heavy single wash to the lid, that's it, and gloss. I remember I came to school the day after spring break in 8th grade, and everybody alienated me. I was so upset, but I realize now I looked like a freak!

Originally Posted by Sexy Sadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That depends on the shadow.
wink.gif
Just navy blue.  Blue unfortunately is not flattering on someone with yellow undertones.  It made my skin kinda greenish.

Any time I tried to line my waterline. I just have to learn that it does NOT look good on me... *sigh* I always see pictures of other people and it looks good, but it's just ridiculously unflattering on me.

haha, these are funny. I wore foundation with powder once, an Aussie brand, and when I looked in the mirror, it had come off in patches, but stayed in others :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And I used to use the little applicator thingies that came with my makeup, so of course it was randomly applied all over the lid with no shape or contouring at all, and I don't think I owned any blush either... arg, my brain is just about exploding thinking about it.

But then, heavy foundation and brown lipstick like the ones I had were super popular back in the 90s so maybe I didn't look as bad as I thought?

I think my eyebrows were probably the worst crime I committed, they were these huge, beetle-like brows that really needed shaping. As in really.

rotfl.gif

Putting on a way too dark powder with my eyebrow stencils. My sister and a store clerk asked if I was mad or upset....Stencils worked but the powder didn't...

I forgot about EYEBROWS!
lol.gif
Oh God, mine were sooo thin AND far apart... thankfully I finally came to my senses and let them grow back and I'm proud to say that now I have great brows!!

I rememeber when i first started wearing eyeshadows...I would only put on lids, no blending no highlights..it was just a mess lol!!!

When I first started wearing makeup I made a lot of embarrassing makeup mistakes haha.. such as only wearing eyeliner with no mascara or anything with it, powder/concealer that was way too dark for me, wearing blue eye shadow all the way up to my eyebrows.. etc!
blush.gif

i could be here all day!

eyebrows: hello mono!

i once wore hot pink on 1 lid and bright turquioise on the lower, then on the other eye pink on lower and turq on the lid lol. and i wasnt even born in the 80's! my gothy stage: black e/s only on top lids knew nothing about primers and good quality e/s so it used to smudge all over. oh and realy heavy green blue shadow with heavy liner - for school lol!

not me personally but i did see someone the other day with the most horrific smokey eyes and brown blush that literally went from her cheekbones to her jawline. hot mess...

I used to line my top and bottom waterline with black eyeliner and just mascara and nothing else and for my lips I used to blank them out completely with foundation or concealor and wear a reallt unflattering pale lipgloss/lipstick. I looked terrible and when I look back at photos of this look it just makes me cringe. It made my eyes look tiny and lopsided too for some reason lol.

Back