What Not To Wear

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have you seen this show? I'm sure many of you have. But the other night I saw one that was a contest. They brought in stylists, makeup artists and hairstylists who think they could do the job of the hosts and stylists on the show. They put them in three different teams and gave them different challenges to see who were the best. The winners got to be involved in a photo shoot in Redbook Magazine and they got $5000 credit card like they give to the makeovers they normally have on the show.

Anyway the reason I bring this up is because I thought of my ladies here while I was watching it. I'm sure many of you would have done soooooo good in the competition!

yeah i did watch that episode. i thought to myself i could have been on that show. especially the winning team. i would have loved to receive that 5,000.00!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah that one girl was freaking out over that credit card!!

So what did you think of their makeovers? I think the team that won did the best job. The one gal in the strappy dress needed a bra or a better one. felt kinda bad for her. Would have liked to see what the real stylists would have done for those ladies. Of course on the show normally they do get $5000 instead of what was it, $600-$800. Certainly is more limiting.

I thought the team that won did do the best job on the makeover, but I also wanted the Orange team to win because I thought they were the nicest people!
smile.gif
(The Miss Virginia girl struck me as stuck-up -- wearing the crown the first night, gimme a break!
icon_rolleyes.gif
) And really, the $600 wasn't that bad since they only were buying one outfit this time -- the $5000 is for a whole new wardrobe! However, I am way too much of a newbie to have been in the contest myself -- though if I had been, I would have had the most fun being the fashion consultant
smile.gif

What Not To Wear is one of the few shows I watch every week .... since I control the remote when I'm at home during the day between classes, hubby gets the remote in the evenings (and watches ESPN all night, ugh, plus Lost on Wednesdays) ... however I insist on watching What Not To Wear each Friday, along with an hour of Japanese anime on Cartoon Network on Saturday nights!
smile.gif
(Yes I know that's a weird combo ... but after all, I am a girly geek! lol)

Originally Posted by girl_geek ... however I insist on watching What Not To Wear each Friday, along with an hour of Japanese anime on Cartoon Network on Saturday nights!
smile.gif
(Yes I know that's a weird combo ... but after all, I am a girly geek! lol) Too cute!

i love this show. i live vicariously through the people that get to shop in NY with free money. LOL

i only part of one show where the lady won the makeove and got $50,000!!!! OMG i was dying! i would have done serious damage!

Originally Posted by Liz i love this show. i live vicariously through the people that get to shop in NY with free money. LOL
i only part of one show where the lady won the makeove and got $50,000!!!! OMG i was dying! i would have done serious damage!

lol, me too, I'd love to go to NYC with $5000 .... might actually find some clothes that I like and that fit there! Our local mall has no selection
frown.gif

And $50,000, holy cow ... I don't think I could bring myself to spend that much on clothes, honesly! I'd rather spend a few thousand on clothes and mu, and use the rest for things like a new computer, new furniture, put some in savings if I was a good girl
wink.gif
, etc...

Did you not see that one? They took the gal to Paris to spend her $50,000... the prices of the stuff she bought blew my mind!
icon_eek.gif

No I didn't see that one! They flew her to PARIS!! No way. Wow. How did she get so lucky? Why wasn't it me????
icon_wink.gif

I wish they'd do that on the uk show - tho trinny and susannah over here are just so funny and good u don't really want to watch anyone else lol - their mu is neva quite as good as the styling lol

xxxc

Originally Posted by cassiopeia37 I wish they'd do that on the uk show - tho trinny and susannah over here are just so funny and good u don't really want to watch anyone else lol - their mu is neva quite as good as the styling lol
xxxc

I wish they would show this version here. They are so great!! I've seen them on Oprah. Love them!

Back