What Not To Wear's Carmindy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooh i think i may be in the minority. But I can't deal with her. she just annoys me, immensely.

I really like Carmindy's makeup...but I am going to wait for reviews before I order her book. A 5 minute face is pretty basic. I doubt it will reveal anything new to me. You guys will have to write and say what you think of her book!

I like Carmindy okay, but the looks she gives some of the women look outdated to me. The three color eyeshadow jobs, the gloss-only look. Give them some lips, please! She does fix their brows nice. That always helps.

I would let Nick cut my hair.

I like watching her and figuring out what kind of stuff she uses. She uses Body + Soul brushes and the Dior Beige Massai palette a lot, but kind of does the same thing for each person, unless she changes the eyeliner color to plum or something. I like it best when she shows the girls how to do an evening look instead of just a quick rush-out-the-door face, which I think would be pretty easy for most people. I don't think I'll get the book, but I'll definately flip through it at the bookstore.

Carmindy's book came out. go check it out at your local bookstore.

according to Amazon.com, her book came out yesterday instead of coming out in May.

i love carmindy and wish her the best of luck with her book. she is so fabulous!

Just received mine in the mail today - so far it looks really nice. She's got a great, friendly tone. She also talks about how she really likes to use "watercolor" types of washes of color. I think it's a great book for those who are a little hesitant about makeup, or fearful of even sheer color. If you are already doing three-four-five color shadow applications and stylized liner, you'll find it overly simple and dull. It's a good one for me to have in the shop, though - a nice intro to makeup application to look fresh, pretty and polished rather than "all dolled up" (which is an awesome look, too , I might add !) Everything is so minimal and casual around here. Even our realtors and bankers wear jeans and polar fleece and Merrells to work - mascara and lipstick, and just *maybe* a little blush...so boring all the time! I'm hoping this book will show them that you can add a bit of color or shimmer and still look like you, and like you didn't spend all morning doing up your face!

I just saw the book at Barnes and its really nice and i like section on applying highlighter which is my thing. lol Im probably going to buy it soon!

i was reading one of my 1000 beauty blogs of the morning, and guess who is giving 5 copies of this book away?

DeLush

to all subscribed delush readers (go to the April 4th blog)

Back