What product you can't see yourself finishing at ANYTIME?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't bother w/eyeshadows.. I've never had a problem.. my mascara I change out because when it gets old.. its like.. dry and clumpy on my lashes... I've only started using foundation more just in the past month... maybe.. more likely 3 weeks.  it still works decent for me.  I'm not gonna waste money and throw something out when its not going bad in my eyes.

I might cry when this tube finally runs out!! Hopefully... never. Maybe I got a magical bottomless tube... I can dream right?
icon_lol.gif
Pricier, but the Clinique's Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminators are equally good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have to agree with most of you... eyeshadow I think there has been a few that I have actually finished because of daily use (eyelid and highlighter) other than that.... geez I have had a lot of my shadows for a few years now.

Seriously, is there an expiration date? I have never seen one in any of mine

Is it only me or has it happened to you guys as well; when you want to get rid of X product, you use it and use it and you just can't seem to finish it.

i probably wont toss my UD eyeshadows ... ever. They are so pigmented that they will without a doubt last me for years.

Mascara on the other hand I will toss, after a year or when it starts to smell chemically. Which ever comes first.

Same with some of my mineral powders, when they start to look like they are clingy, I toss it. Most likely means the oils from my skin are getting too mixed in.

Lotions as well, I am pretty sure they go bad sooner than other skin products.

One thing i am sure i wont finish is my Lorac palette.  The last one they released with the bronze glitter. It just sits there next to my UD palette and always gets passed up. So if anyone wants it..... it'd be free to a good loving home :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My MUFE HD powder. I only use a little each time, and it doesn't seem to go down at all.

Also, my MAC paint pots. And all my very vibrant eyeshadows, which I don't wear often.

Many companies list expiration dates online, but there's more of a 'this will collect nasty bacteria and get you sick' date range. 

Originally Posted by arcybarrios /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to agree with most of you... eyeshadow I think there has been a few that I have actually finished because of daily use (eyelid and highlighter) other than that.... geez I have had a lot of my shadows for a few years now.

Seriously, is there an expiration date? I have never seen one in any of mine

Is it only me or has it happened to you guys as well; when you want to get rid of X product, you use it and use it and you just can't seem to finish it.

You're average user will never go online and check... hell even some of us who use make-up on a regular basis don't bother...

This goes for eyeshadow's on a personal note. I have been using makeup for years and have never bothered. I simply practice "good hygiene" by only using it on myself and washing my brushes. I have never gotten sick or have had an allergic reaction. When I don't use or like something that has been sitting on my makeup cabinet i just toss it.

Mmmmm eye primers take forever to use up. As long as their texture remains the same and they remain odorless, I'll keep using them.

As far as everything else.... I have only two to three foundations at a time and get used up as well as mascara's.

I would assume most MUA's wouldn't have the same issues though. They go through their stuff much quicker than a normal person.

Originally Posted by SarraSanborn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Many companies list expiration dates online, but there's more of a 'this will collect nasty bacteria and get you sick' date range. 

I think sometimes.. the date is set so you do throw it away.. and then spend more money on their products..

Originally Posted by Its Only Nicole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think sometimes.. the date is set so you do throw it away.. and then spend more money on their products..
I agree

that... however, they probably don't want to be liable either for old product that suddenly has gone bad.

Agreed!

I'm with a lot of you on the eyeshadows and foundations.. I seem to have an endless supply!

AND YES, things I try to use up (lotions, powders, blushes) just won't go away!

I've actually used up all of my ELF eye lid primer and had to get a new one... But that's about the only thing I've had to replace besides mascara and eye liners... My eye shadows, and blushes and powders I have a ton of, so many to choose from that i'll probably never see the end of it because I'm always looking for new stuff =) im bad at buying make up... LOL I buy too much... But i LOVE IT!

I have NYX shadow base in Skintone...I seriously bought it like a good 8 months ago and STILL have it. It's annoying..it's like I use it and it like magically refills itself.

Back