What shampoo/conditioner do you use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif This is crazy, because I heard the opposite! I used Herbal Essences and my stylist said not to use it, because it had to much alkaline or something. Im sure its true

Right now I'm using Dove moisturizing shampoo and Suave conditioner. I normally use any all natural, organic products that are on sale. So I can't wait to use this all up and get back to my other stuff. My hair isn't as smooth or silky as it usually is. Gah!

I use lush for anything soap related, also used it for face and eye creams.

I love the beer shampoo, or a solid bar (i mix it up a bit)

and the american cream conditioner.

its kinda expensive, but you use way less of it then you would in other products. i just buy the mini bottels, since i chopped my hair off.

I use Nexxus Humectress and Therappe. They do nothing for my hair, I don't know why I continue to buy them...

i currently use Dove Intense Repair Damage Therapy shampoo and conditioner. it makes my hair really shiny, and helps prevent against breakage and split-ends, which my fine and straight hair is VERY prone to.

I stick to TIGI S Factor smoothing shampoo/conditioner.

Does anyone have any experience with Lush products?

I've recently started using a Head & Shoulders 2 in 1, and I've noticed that it leaves my hair feeling a bit softer than with the Pantene range I've been using...

I use Main 'n' Tail. it's under $5 each bottle for the smaller size.

It works wonderfully. My hair smells good, it's the healthiest it's ever been!!! I love it! it's so inexpensive too!

ITS HORSE SHAMPOO LMAO!!

Herbal Essense Hello Hydration, John frieida Brilliant Bruenette, Bio silk, loreal natures therapy mega moisture conditioner and everyonce in a while neutrogena anti-residue shampoo.

Originally Posted by disflylatina /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use Main 'n' Tail. it's under $5 each bottle for the smaller size.It works wonderfully. My hair smells good, it's the healthiest it's ever been!!! I love it! it's so inexpensive too!

ITS HORSE SHAMPOO LMAO!!

New products
Mane N' Tail Shampoo- LOL! I have been using this for a few weeks. I used it as a little girl and decided to repurchase, because it grows hair quickly. I havn't been using it long enough to see an effect, but so far I like it.

Garnier Fructis 3-Minute Reversal Treatment- I love this stuff. The texture is so creamy and buttery. It has really minimized my split ends. It's not an actual conditioner, but treatment, so I just decided to use it as a regular conditioner and saw optimal results with it.

I use all bed head products. Its a salon quality line so the ph is balanced in the shampoo and conditioner so it conditions my hair without weighing it down or making it look greasy half way through the day. Its not only soft but its strong and shiny. I also don't have any split ends and I straighten my hair every day, I use bed head heat protection though. Also not as much hair comes out in my brush when I use bed head, but when I use dove or other cheap shampoos my hair comes out a lot and it just looks duller.

i use sunsilk minerals shampoo and conditioner. once in week i use matrix silver shampoo
smile.gif

I started "no-pooing" (no shampoo/conditioner) about 2 years ago and I've never turned back. I think the term no-poo actually refers to using baking soda, which is how I started out but now I use natural (that's important) bar soap cause I missed having suds. I don't have to use conditioner, sometimes I rinse with apple cider vinegar. My hair has never been better and no chemicals! Plus, it tickles me that I'm washing my hair the same way my grandmother did.

Originally Posted by Audrey2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I started "no-pooing" (no shampoo/conditioner) about 2 years ago and I've never turned back. I think the term no-poo actually refers to using baking soda, which is how I started out but now I use natural (that's important) bar soap cause I missed having suds. I don't have to use conditioner, sometimes I rinse with apple cider vinegar. My hair has never been better and no chemicals! Plus, it tickles me that I'm washing my hair the same way my grandmother did. This seems very healthy, but does it work if you put styling products in your hair.
What bar soap do you use? My aunt washes her hair with Zest soap and she loves it.

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif This seems very healthy, but does it work if you put styling products in your hair.
What bar soap do you use? My aunt washes her hair with Zest soap and she loves it.

I still use hair products, I don't know how to get around it, if anyone does please let me know. No problem rinsing them out.
Right now I'm using Kiss My Face Olive Oil soap. I have used many brands: Herbaria, Dr. Bronner's, Burt's Bees (you have to be careful this brand isn't necessarily all-natural anymore), and various homemade soaps I bought on etsy.com. The results have been pretty much the same for all.

It's important to note that if you're going to try the no-poo method your hair is going to suck for 2-3 weeks, I don't think there is a way around it. When you shampoo your hair you're stripping it of all its natural oils, hence the need for conditioner. Because of this unbalance your hair actually produces more oil to make up for the loss so when you stop using this method of washing your hair will be over-oily and honestly it's going to feel yuck. It's so worth sticking out though.

I tried no-poo for a month and my hair did not like it at all.

Right now I'm using the new Suave shampoo and conditioner that is a knock off of Aveda. I'm not liking it at all though. Their shampoos contain SLS and it just dries out my hair. The conditioners have silicone which isn't good for curly hair because it weighs it down.

Next I'm going to try Tresumme's new naturals line. They don't have SLS or silicone. Tresumme products have always worked really well with my hair (I only use their styling products). Hopefully their new naturals line will be a good fit. If not, it's back to the more expensive natural/organic stuff for me.

I switch up all the time because I just tired of the same ol thing. Right now Im using Aussie Volume.

head and shoulders silky shampoo... kpax intensive care conditionair or something.. aveeno leave in conditionar

Back