What things make you feel sexy or confident?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally understand that!  I feel that way when I'm traveling, especially in New York or Paris, where there are lots of fashionable women and you can walk with a bounce in your step and really feel part of the city.  Especially the scarf part, I have so many travel photos with me in scarves.  I tend to collect them while traveling and they make perfect souvenirs.  In reality, I live on an island, so I feel confident in a gorgeous sundress with great sunglasses, red lips and painted toes peeking out of cute wedge sandals.  Insert a pina colada instead of the cup of coffee and voila! ;9

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

this is probably really random, but i love walking to my office with a cup of coffee in my hand hahaha. On a cold day it has to be paired with a super cute scarf and a nice coat/jacket. It makes me feel so city-like.

I am not to display myself as sexy. Rather I prefer an innocent look as I think people would love me and have a soft feeling looking at my eyes.

Maybe I'm strange...Hell, we KNOW I'm strange, but I actually feel most confident and sexy at those times when I'm the least "done up". You all know what I'm talking about...the day where your skin just looks clear and bright with nothing on it, even if you throw a little on for fun, your hair hangs just right without any effort, and you just feel PHYSICALLY good? Those are the days when I feel like I can beat the world.

The days when I start out feeling "meh" tend to be the days when I put more effort into things, simply because I don't want others realizing that I AM feeling "meh".

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe I'm strange...Hell, we KNOW I'm strange, but I actually feel most confident and sexy at those times when I'm the least "done up". You all know what I'm talking about...the day where your skin just looks clear and bright with nothing on it, even if you throw a little on for fun, your hair hangs just right without any effort, and you just feel PHYSICALLY good? Those are the days when I feel like I can beat the world.

The days when I start out feeling "meh" tend to be the days when I put more effort into things, simply because I don't want others realizing that I AM feeling "meh".
Probably strange, yes, but not for that reason. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  All the best people are a bit strange.  Who wants to be quote unquote normal??

I do find that people comment on my makeup and the way I dress and present myself more when I'm feeling "meh".  And I'm always surprised.  I think it's because when I'm not feeling great I tend to gravitate towards the red lipstick and extra perfect makeup to cover it up.  But when I have a fresh scrubbed face and my hair is just hanging down in no particular style and my husband looks at me with sweet eyes and says that's the look he loves the most, it makes me melt.  I've noticed that sometimes when I catch people who normally wear a full face of makeup with no makeup, they look younger and more vulnerable.  And if they can rock that look, terrifically confident.  Me, I never leave the house without mascara at least.  It's just like brushing my teeth to me.  Automatic.  

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Probably strange, yes, but not for that reason. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  All the best people are a bit strange.  Who wants to be quote unquote normal??

I do find that people comment on my makeup and the way I dress and present myself more when I'm feeling "meh".  And I'm always surprised.  I think it's because when I'm not feeling great I tend to gravitate towards the red lipstick and extra perfect makeup to cover it up.  But when I have a fresh scrubbed face and my hair is just hanging down in no particular style and my husband looks at me with sweet eyes and says that's the look he loves the most, it makes me melt.  I've noticed that sometimes when I catch people who normally wear a full face of makeup with no makeup, they look younger and more vulnerable.  And if they can rock that look, terrifically confident.  Me, I never leave the house without mascara at least.  It's just like brushing my teeth to me.  Automatic.  
Sounds as if you and I are a lot alike in this respect :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And the one thing I remember from Math Class, lo these many years ago, I use as one of my mottoes: NORMAL IS JUST THE AVERAGE OF THE DEVIANCE :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sounds as if you and I are a lot alike in this respect :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And the one thing I remember from Math Class, lo these many years ago, I use as one of my mottoes: NORMAL IS JUST THE AVERAGE OF THE DEVIANCE :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Love it!  I knew you were a kindred spirit. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Love your individuality and personal style, even just the little bit that comes through from your posts.  Why be normal when you can be extraordinarily, crazily, specifically YOU?  That's so much more fun.  And provides a special confidence in and of itself.  

heels (at least 4 inches) , even though I'm tall I still wear heels and I feel super confident and sexy when I'm in them (and towering over people lol)

For me it's my overall mood. If I'm feeling it, I'm feeling it!!! Although some nice lingerie, hairdo and a pair of Versace jeans never hurt ;-)

Back