What would you put in a sample box?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, if you were to put together a sample box filled with products you love and want to share, what would you put in the box and why? Let's say the loose guidelines are: 1 make up item, one skin care, 1 body product/ fragrance, 1 hair care, and 1 extra item that could be anything beauty or non- beauty related. Here is what I would put: 1. smudge pot: good gel liner. does not budge once it's dry. 2. basis foaming face wash: I have very oily skin and this cleanser cleans extremely well. Plus it's a drugstore product around $5 a bottle when it's on sale. Can't beat that. 3. neutrogena clean shampoo: gentle and cleans well. I have fine and greasy hair. 4. bathbomb from lush: always such a treat after a long week. 5. philosophy take a deep breath: one more skin care item. I just finished my sample from myglam and purchased a full size. it's a light moisturizer and very refreshing for the summer.

I love all of these products, although I just bought the eyeliner on Monday.

Make Up

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Yeyo (white).

Skin Care

St. Ives Sea Salt Exfoliating Shower Gel.  It's not too gritty and it works for face and body.

Body/Fragrance

2.5 ml Sample of Green Tea by Bulgari Fragrance for Men or Women

Hair Care

Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner

Mini/Travel Size, Not Foil Packets.  They sell the mini's at CVS.  I go through a full-size in about a month.

Extra

Neutrogena Oil Free Cleansing Face Wipes with Pink Grapefruit.  I love these.  I use them as an alternative to my astringent, and if I get all sweaty when I'm out and about, they are great to get the oil off before I go to Work.

Ooh I'd put....

1. Ardell Wispies...my fav everyday lashes.

2. Prescriptives Super Line Preventor Extreme...It's expensive, but I love this stuff it's like crack for your face.

3. Mixed Chicks Leave in Conditioner...Got sample once and was hooked. Haven't had to use any hair gel since.

4. Philosophy Falling in Love (fragrance)...It's super sweet like cotton candy, but men seem to LOVE it. I get so many compliments from hot guys (i'm talking male models...literally) when I wear this. Wear it and men will sniff you....lol.

5.*Extra* Gleam by Melanie Mills Body Radiance...Love it. I have it in deep gold...makes my legs look more even toned and shimmery. Perfect for that little black dress when you are having a night out.

6.*Extra,Extra* (because I like having something edible in my boxes) Trader Joe's Mango! Gummies.... Way better than plain old gummy bears.

Let's say the loose guidelines are: 1 make up item, one skin care, 1 body product/ fragrance, 1 hair care, and 1 extra item that could be anything beauty or non- beauty related.

Let see with the loose guidelines, I would put 6 items, 2 makeup items.

1. Bare Escentuals bareMinerals eye color pot- a little pot sample size. Such amazing eye color!

2. Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip Plumper- Deluxe Sample. I got this in my Sample Society Box and even though I am STILL using the sample I have plans to buy at least one of these when it gets gone, pretty colors, and plumps without any kind of uncomfortable feelings!

3. A Neutrogena Wave Sonic Original with a couple refill pads- The original costs 7.99 on the web site so I wouldn't feel bad about the cost. I have owned at least one of these since they came on the market, I heart them to to very core of my being, I don't have the original any more, I passed it to my mom, I have a limited edition one at the moment I got through Johnson and Johnson directly because my Dad worked for them, lol.

4. Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess- Deluxe Sample with either roller or spritz top. This is my favorite fragrance EVER! Think Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil... I have been tempted in the past just to use my tanning oil as a perfume, lol!

5. Burt's Bees Shea and Grapefruit Deep Conditioner- Travel Size. This deep conditioner is amazing. I switch between between 3 different types normally this being one of the 3. Burt's Bees travel sizes are usually good for at least 2 uses too.

6. $5.00 Itunes Card, good for anything. That way people can choose what they want, I own a droid, but I have an Ipod Touch, and there are some full albums that I want to purchase but I have no use for Cd's.

1. Diorshow Mascara - this has been my staple for at least 5 years now.

2. Merle Norman Lip Pencil Plus - hands down the best lipstick I've ever used. I've been wearing this for over 20 years. Colours change, but the formula is the longest lasting, most perfect lip colour ever. They also have a version that's got a touch of glossiness, for people who are into that. My favourite shade is Mocha Honey(matte).

3. The Body Shop's Macadamia Straightening Balm - love the scent and effectiveness of this conditioning balm used when straightening hair. sometimes I use it even if I'm not planning on touching the straightener.

4. Algenist Targeted Age Correcting Serum - one of my favourite serums ever. effective and wonderful. I also love the way it smells.

5. L'Artisan Perfumeur Premier Figuier edp - the best green and twiggy fig scent ever created. so perfect for Summer and Autumn, but carries well into other months, as well.

6. As a lifestyle extra, let's pretend it's easy to ship ice creams/sorbets, and go with Ciao Bella Gelato & Sorbet. So many great flavours... all of which are excellent. Or I can send a free coupon for them 
icon_cheers.gif

***Just out of curiosity, if you were to put together a sample box filled with products you love and want to share, what would you put in the box and ***why?

***Let's say the loose guidelines are: 1 make up item, one skin care, 1 body product/ fragrance, 1 hair care, and 1 extra item that could be anything ***beauty or non- beauty related.

Makeup - one of those little lip color tins from Lush. That color STAYS and not only works well on its own, it makes a wonderful base for lipstick.

Skin care - Suki Exfoliating Cleanser. It smells like lemonade, which should be enough to get a person going in the morning.

Body/fragrance - any company I would run would have an opt-out for those who don't want perfume. For those who do, I would include Atelier Cologne's Orange Sanguine, which is clean-smelling and never overpowering. For those who don't, Ahava bath salts. Even the fragranced ones are so light as to be un-obnoxious.

Hair - a good, rich conditioning mask.

Extra - at the risk of making the non-food advocates mad, I'd actually incude something like some exotic spice packets--Chinese, Indian, In-Your-Face Hot, Buffalo-style, etc. with a recipe. Two recipes, one vegetarian and one for meat. 

Great thread!

1. Makeup: Lorac blush/bronze duo in Hot Flash, small travel-size type. Highly pigmented but a light touch works perfectly on my pale (NC20) skin. The pink looks scary in the pan but it wears well with a slight shimmer. My favorite makeup product no one ever talks about.

2. Skin care: Body Shop aloe day moisturizer, travel-size. I apply once on humid days, twice on dry days, and my sensitive dry skin is always always soft.

3. Body/fragrance: I despise perfume, so my box would have a full-size bar of Beekman's COPA Soaps, which are oil-based (Coconut, Olive, Palm, Almond oil) soaps crafted in small batches and made locally in Philadelphia and shipped through their website. I discovered these at an event where they were selling 6 bars for $20 and I use nothing else in the shower.

4. Hair: DevaCurl Set it Free - a moisture-lock leave-in for curly hair. Smooths curls and keeps frizzies at bay. For straight-hair ladies, PhytoDefrisant straightening balm. I use this when I straighten my hair and it's amazing. Travel size of either.

5. Extra: Pop-up brush with mirror. My favorite handy little purse gadget.

Makeup - Guerlain Noir G Mascara...literally the best makeup item I've found in years!!  It goes on differently then other mascara...it's almost like your smoothing liquid plastic on your lashes instead of smearing paint on them.  Kind of hard to describe.  But normal mascara tends to be MIA by half way through the day for me (I think I rub my eyes a lot), but this one looks exactly the same at the end of the day!

Skin care - Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum...changed my skin in one use, and I seriously used to laugh at people who said that was even possible!  It smells a little weird, but it's worth it!  My skin is a lot smoother after using it.

Body/fragrance - Flowerbomb by Viktor + Rolf...I am on my THIRD bottle of this fragrance right now.  I have never even bought a second bottle of any other perfume in my entire life.  And my husband likes it, which is crazy, because everywhere we go he seems to point out at least one woman wearing "gross" perfume.  (We have actually moved at movie theaters because he couldn't stand the way someone's perfume smelled!)

Hair - Aveda 'Be Curly' curl enhancer or 'Smooth Infusion' glossing straightener...I use one of the two every day, depending on my hair style (I have naturally curly hair which I straighten a lot), and I LOVE them both.  The 'Brilliant' Damage Control spray is also great and it smells awesome.

Extra - A logo pencil sharpener?  Or teeth whitening strip packets?

1 make up item, one skin care, 1 body product/ fragrance, 1 hair care, and 1 extra item that could be anything beauty or non- beauty related.

Makeup:
Dior Crème de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm- great before putting on lip gloss
 ​
Skincare:
Lancome Visionnaire- I saw improvement within two days of use(quick results for 1-3 time use samples)
 ​
Body Product/Fragnance:
Bath and Body Works Cherry Blossom Spray- Love the scent
 ​
Hair care:
Ojon Dry Recovery- this made my hair very hydrated and glossy. 
 ​
Extra:
Microfiber Headband- so hair wont get in the way when cleansing the face or putting on make up. Regular headbands gives me a headache. ​

Such a great idea for a post! I would include the following:

1. MAC Lipstick in Snob

2. Any Toner

3. Vera Wang Princess Sample

4. Any Trail Size of Dry Shampoo

5. Mini Candle

Uh oh..forgot about this posting.lol. Sorry getting back to you so late...I buy it on the prescriptives website. I started using super line preventor years and years ago when I worked for them. A bottle lasts me a really long time on average 4 to 6 mos. It has a little dropper and just a couple drops will do your entire face. Good stuff.

Latest posts

Back