What you look like before and after you apply makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This is a fun thread!  I'll be brave enough to participate. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Me: No makeup

Me: makeup (natural colors)

Makeup: (brighter colors)

You have really nice lips and eyes! Love that dark red lipstick.

Originally Posted by geeko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  These are 2  pics of me with make up

And pic of me without make up... ew. i look tired  and awful without make up :X

Your skin looks gorgeous! What do you use to get that finish?

I have combi-dry skin so usually i will use a liquid foundation (My favs are YSL le teint touch eclat foundation, YSL serum foundation or MAC face and body foundation) , I use MAC studio careblend on T-zone to set the liquid foundation and skip the rest of the face as if i use too much powder on my face it can get a bit too powdered n dry. My base is just MAC lightful marine bright moisture creme before the foundations for extra hydration. And a bit of highlight powder like MAC belightful irridiscent powder on the cheekbones to give a glowy finish

Alright, I think I'm finally brave enough to do this!

My Mom and sister and I had MAC makeovers last night, and I snapped some Before and After shots, so here is mine:

(Keep in mind, this is a new look for me, I don't normally go that dark on the eye makeup. I really like it though!)

BEFORE

AFTER (but we didn't fill in my brows, which would have totally changed the look, I think!

And here's 2 more AFTERs that I did myself, plus filled in brows:

AFTER (did myself, this is my actual photo ID that I had to take for work, hahah I was pleasantly surprised with how it came out!)

AFTER (did myself, though not a great selfie, hahah!) I forgot to put on lipstick.

As you may see, I try to do little browny-taupey triangles a bit above my outer V, because I have slightly hooded eyes, and this really helps!

Hope you like it! Let me know which one you like the best!!!

Excuse my lips, I have a cut so I promise my lipstick doesn't look as bad as it appears!

Quote: Originally Posted by Uglystick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wow you guys loook great, looked through all the pictures :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here's me and all I'm wearing is black eyeliner and a bit of barely visible black eye shadow :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

veXwH_yVaGQ.jpg

Hey girl, you  need to change your username from 'uglystick' to 'lovelystick'! You look great and your skin and lips look really good without makeup!

Quote: Originally Posted by lanabuch /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Excuse my lips, I have a cut so I promise my lipstick doesn't look as bad as it appears!
My first thought: Wow, she is really good at eyeshadow application. That looks amazing! Honestly, you're really, really pretty both before and after! What color lipstick is that? I like it! Although I'm not sure I could pull it off on my light skin.

Hi Ladies, You all look gorgeous. This is so much fun, I'll load my pics this weekend. Right now I need to get back to work. Laters

Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif My first thought: Wow, she is really good at eyeshadow application. That looks amazing! Honestly, you're really, really pretty both before and after! What color lipstick is that? I like it! Although I'm not sure I could pull it off on my light skin.
Aww thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I actually think this was when I just has Stila Lip Glaze on in Sangria! 

Wow girls, you all look lovely without makeup as well.

I'm starting to think I got too good with makeup, as I look so bloody different
icon_eek.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by ItalianDream /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_eek.gif

I think the same thing. I'm always nervous the first time a new bf sees me without makeup, because I think I look like a different person! But I blame the fact that I'm just really damn good at it...haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by ItalianDream /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_eek.gif

lol, I look completely different as well!

Not sure how to post photos from my phone...

Yikes! Grab the pitch forks and fire...
Oh good now I can pass for human!

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think the same thing. I'm always nervous the first time a new bf sees me without makeup, because I think I look like a different person! But I blame the fact that I'm just really damn good at it...haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I blame many things... but the main ones are:

-I've got quite normal round eyes and wear a cat eye 90% of the times, that definitely changes my appearence (love winged eyeliners and any eye makeup that will make my eyes look longer).

-I've got a lot of discolouration around the eye and dark circles, with my concealer I do wonders to cover that.

-And last but not least I am sooooo paaaleeee without makeup!!! I don't know if any of you has this feeling, but I somewhat think that my natural skintone doesn't suit me! I just look 1000 times better if my complexion is slightly darker or with a healthier aspect, but can't be bothered to go to sunbeds, so unless it's summer I work my bronzers and powders.

@SaraP Random, but what foundation do you use? I've been hunting desperately for a new one and keep running into a bunch that keep oxidizing pink on me. I'm a bit lighter than you, but from your pictures it looks like we might have similar undertones. 

Quote: Originally Posted by ZeeOmega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @SaraP Random, but what foundation do you use? I've been hunting desperately for a new one and keep running into a bunch that keep oxidizing pink on me. I'm a bit lighter than you, but from your pictures it looks like we might have similar undertones. 
How funny, this was my first time using this one =) It's mac full coverage in C40.

I've been on the hunt for a new one and have tried tons so if you'd like I can PM you the list...

Back