What's a good nail polish and nail strengthener?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need help! I can't seem to find any good nail polish's I am using a base coat and a top coat, but I haven't found a good nail polish that lasts for more than a week without chipping. I really would love to find one that looks as if your nails were candy or something. You know that polish that looks like your nails were made of it? Kinda like this picture. Also there are so many nail strengtheners out there which one is a good one? Are you suppose to apply it everyday or once a week? I am just hesitant to try one because I am worried it will trash my nail if I stop using it.

Thanks for your help!

Attachment 22126

it maybe sound funny

but the nail polish that im buy in the dollar store stay on my fingers something like 2 weeks

and anoter tip if you will use a glitter nail polish on the nail polish it will stay longer

I don't think it'll stay nice for a week unless it has a UV coat over it. Before I started going to have mine done (where they put a UV coat on it) I re-did mine every 3 days or so. It helps a ton if you use 2 coats of top coat and every day add a fresh coat(of top coat).

I saw on QVC, called T.I.P.s, its a nail strengthner and I am relly considering when my tips getlonger under my fakes getting that and getting manicures. she was shipping wood!! Check that out

I love Sally Hansen...her "Diamond Strength" line of polishes are really good
smile.gif

Hope you find something that's right for you!!

Revlon Colorstay usually lasts me about a week before chipping, and that never happens for me with any other brand. It has a clear topcoat that you put on over the color. It's around five dollars, and def worth trying.

Thanks the QVC looks neat and I've never tried Revlon or Sally Hansen but I am going to now!

I like OPI and Zoya.. opi is obviously already well known..

but i decided once to stock-up and try some zoya (whick is btw, formaldehyde free), And i do manicures on this older lady who never seemed to keep her polish on for over a week.. Well the Zoya was on there the full 4 weeks untill I saw her again and removed it! So i'll definately be buying more of it!

For healthier nails, i stay true to the one and only Nail Envy
smile.gif

I've had great success using Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle. All my life I've had thing, brittle nails. Getting acrylics and gels didn't help that out much either, but OMG the Sally Hansen product rocks! I now have long, natural, STRONG nails and I'm lovin' it!!!

another vote for Nailtiques for strengthening. I use OPI's ChipSkip on bare nails before putting on polish and it seems to help.

I use a nail strengthener called Herome. I am not sure if it available in USA but it is really good

i use 2 coats OPI nail envy under OPI nail polish. ever since i switched to using OPI only (a couple years back) I don't get any breaks or splits and my nails grow quite quickly. i vote OPI !

Originally Posted by PerfectMistake I love Sally Hansen...her "Diamond Strength" line of polishes are really good
smile.gif

Hope you find something that's right for you!!

I second this!

I like the Seche Base clear base coat or the ridge filling base coat. I like the OPI nail polish colors, and then I finish of with the Seche Base top coat. I put another top coat on every other day or so. I find the more pigment in the polish - the better it stays on. The frosts or pearly colors don't stay on my nails well at all. I used to use the Nailtique strenghtener, but it thickens up super quick and is really expensive.

Back