What's the best brush for mineral makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the EDM Flat Top Brush for when I desire more of a full coverage look to my face. However, when I just desire a lighter coverage, I will use ethe MAC 187 brush. Now, I do know that the MAC 187 is a pricey brush, but its the only breush that I have ever used that gives me the most airbrushed look to my makeup that I have ever found.

I'm using the Everyday Minerals brushes at the moment, the flat top (often with the pressed powder) and the long handled kabuki.I use the MAC 187 for finishing powders, and would like to buy a smaller duo fiber brush for blushes.I reckon the EDM brushes are very soft and easy to wash the muck out of, and for the price they are great overall.

I'm contemplating buying the Lily Lolo buffer (it's such a pretty looking brush, lol, and synthetic hairs) as a spare as I can't order overseas at the moment,so close to Christmas.

i use my Too Faced "Teddy Bear Hair" Retractable kabuki brush and wow. not only is this THE softest brush I've ever felt in my entire life lol, but it picks up a good amount of product and evenly distributes it all over your face. i love love love this brush. i used to use the kabuki that came with the Bare Minerals set I bought, but i hate that brush. it feels like a brillo pad.

Too Faced makes THE best and softest brushes ever.

I got the whole set of brushes from EDM for Christmas and LOVE THEM!!! And yes, the flat top brush is my favorite too.

My favorite foundation brush isn't a brush at all- I love these red cleansing sponges cut into 1/4 wedges. Using damp method it gives flawless results that I just love. I even have the whole set of Lumiere brushes from the 2007 pre-buy but haven't touched for foundation since starting this red cleansing sponge application. For blush/glow I like soft fluffy brushes- my current favorites are these inexpensive ones I recently got at Walmart in their holiday gift section. There were three perfect for blush/powder/glows that I use all the time.

Lots of great suggestions!

Originally Posted by SagittariusAnna /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lots of great suggestions! Wow those ideas are great!@!

Originally Posted by MissResha /img/forum/go_quote.gif i use my Too Faced "Teddy Bear Hair" Retractable kabuki brush and wow. not only is this THE softest brush I've ever felt in my entire life lol, but it picks up a good amount of product and evenly distributes it all over your face. i love love love this brush. i used to use the kabuki that came with the Bare Minerals set I bought, but i hate that brush. it feels like a brillo pad.
Too Faced makes THE best and softest brushes ever.

Awww Teddy Bear hair
smile.gif

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Makeup Forever's HD kabuki brush, dense, super soft, it's a real pleasure to buff my mineral foundation with it. I use it with my foundation from Lily Lolo. Ive never heard of Lili Lolo cute name

Originally Posted by andrrea /img/forum/go_quote.gif MAC's 182 or EDM's Flat Top! I have those they work very well

I use Sweetscents golden kabuki. It's ok, but I think there are better ones out there (although I haven't tried any other).

I have different faves every other month....my current fave is the Smashbox 19 and also the Nars 19....they're both pretty similar but right now I'm leaning more towards the Smashbox.....also love this long-handled synthetic kabuki that I bought on Ebay last year, it's so soft and picks up the perfect amount of powder every time.....and the finish is so beautiful and flawless.....but next month I'll probably change my mind again....who knows, seems like there's always something better on the market.

I really like the finish of flat tops but they breaks me out more often than kabuki , so i give up my flat tops search and go for kabukis now

btw, if you want really maximum coverage, go for Essential Beauty Supplies Itty Bitty FLat Top, it hides everything!

I have also Coastal Scents the pink one i dun like it because it smells really like a wet dog

and the EDM flat top is sooooo soft and will stick to your skin closely and the coverage is good too

i have used Essential Beauty Supplies Ultimate Buffer which is made of goat hair, and it feels sooooooo soft I always extend the necessary time to have more time to let my face touch the soft brush softer than my pillow. the coverage is light and natural

Then I get the new Body Shop Kabuki and it's sooooooo great, not as soft as the above tho. Usually I like the longer handled one, but this is so good I cannot stop using it. The thing I adore is that this brush really gives a thick layer of coverage (yet looks natural just like all kabukis) so that at the end of the day, it extends the staying power of my MMU.

I am looking for a refilling brush so it's easier for touch ups without the mess.

I saw one in Coastal Scents and Lumiere. Strugglign to buy which.

Back