What's the stupidest reason you ever bought a product?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because it looked good on a friend or someone I seen. Eventhough they have different coloring and I know it won't work for me:eusa_wall:

I admit, one time at sephora this sales lady was going on and on and on about the new Nars eyeshadow. She put it on me and then I thought it was just OK.....but I felt so bad since she was raving about it so much I just bought it....

.....then a week later I returned it at another Sephora

I agree with all reasons above. I normally buy something just so I can try out something new. I also buy things because everyone here is talking about it. My husband is getting very tired of it too since I don't work. :add_wegbrech:

I'm sure the stupidest reason was because of some cool packaging. I can't think of any examples right off the top of my head, but I know I've done it before.

haha. i duno..but i always debate on the same exact product if it is from different brands..i'll take about an hour deciding which is prettier. even if ones way more expensive ill get it cause it's better looking and i convince myself itll work better.

ha i know what you mean..

I do this too.

Also, I am a sucker for "Bonus Time" by Clinique, or at least I used to be. I'd buy stuff i didn't even know if I wanted because I was going to get a gift. I was like "I'll be losing money if I DON'T buy it!!":stupid2:

LOL....most of the time I buy stuff because it's pink, then if the packaging catches my eye, then I gotta get it.

Because of the packaging. Or because I've fallen for the hype and decide I need it, when I generally don't !

because it was on an advert and i believe its true.. that it makes ur skin look prefect :blush:

Once I bought this Wet 'n' Wild lipgloss and I only bought it because it was cheap and I never wore it out in public...So I gave it to my friend Alexus and Alexus forgot to reapply it and her lips turned into a orange tinge. xD

Occasionally I can be a sucker for cute packaging. Also, to this day, if a product is used by a celebrity (not endorsed, like if I find info about their personal beauty products), I think if it's good enough to be used by people who can afford anything, it's good enough for me. :lol:

Back