What's Your Favourite Mascara?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have a sample tube of it but as soon as I run out I'm getting a full size! It's the Lancome definicils mascara and it's amazing. It gives me so much length and isn't clumpy at all. It doesn't give me a ton of volume but I'm so sick of voluminous mascaras giving me clumpy lashes lately so I don't mind.

Drug Store: Covergirl Clump Crusher & Maybelline The Rocket

High End: Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes & Too Faced Better Than Sex

Typically, I stick to Maybelline's Great Lash because I'm not one to shell out a bunch of money for something I'll have to pitch in a few months time - I still get a lot of volume and length, it looks quite natural (to me at least), and it's very affordable.

If I do want to splurge and treat myself, I go for the Guerlain Maxi Lash. Full and natural looking, and it's the only mascara that I've ever worn that my husband has noticed and complimented me on. He's not the most observant when it comes to beauty stuff, so I think that counts for something!

My absolute favourite mascara of all time is L'oreal Mega Volume Collagene 24 in Black. I've used it for as long as I can remember. I still buy myself a new mascara every month or so, convincing myself that one day I'll find something better than it (seriously what is up with me finding a HG mascara or foundation and yet STILL dropping money on new ones to try even though I inevitably go back to my HG?) but I never, ever have. Although I have just googled it to ensure I got the name right and according the Boots website it's been discontinued. L'oreal better pray that Boots have got that info wrong, because if one more of my favourite products gets discontinued...

I generally start with a few coats of Benefit's They're Real too, just to separate out the lashes. I find that mascara to be too difficult and time consuming to build up, so I only use it for a few first coats. Besides it's a goddamn pain to remove. But I still wouldn't want to be without it.

I really loved YSL's Babydoll mascara for a while, but after a few weeks the product got dry and stopped working as well. Which was a shame because I was nearly convinced it was my gonna be my new fave.

Back